Qb's We Could Have Pursued | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb's We Could Have Pursued

Which QB?

• Total voters
Robert Griffin could have been signed off the street easy as hell. Even Ryan Fitzpatrick would give Ryan Tanehill a run for his money,

You gotta be realistic. Mayfield went #1 and the browns weren't trading that far down.

Yep . . . .the worst thing you can be in the NFL is average. Its is like an endless pit of mediocrity, which is magnified when u do things like restructure big contracts to bring in more mediocrity and donate 10 million to bring in retired quarterbacks.

If we just would have been awful in 2017, u walk away with a QB in 2018 and then u have Ryan on a cuttable contract next year and likely you energize the fanbase by bringing in your young talent at some point this year.

No, not only do we not NOT have the chance to draft that young QB, we double down on a guy who hasn’t taken a snap since 2016 by restrucuring his deal LOL

We really are the lolphins.

This is so true. It seems like we are always in win now mode when we are really 3 years away. Crisis management instead of strategic management.

Watching Brees break the record tonight made me nauseous. I know why they choose Culpepper, but it doesn't make it any less painful.

You gotta be realistic. Mayfield went #1 and the browns weren't trading that far down.
That's how i took the poll. I picked Allen. Rosen, Jackson and Cousins, because that is the 4 I would have been interested in that were realistic, I wanted Baker Mayfield because I thought he was the best in this draft. Love his Moxy But, I never thought he would go #1 Overall. Did not want to trade up that High.

Did anyone relook at that deflected pick 6 ?
Yes a sack would have been preferable but those D linemen were in the back field in an instant
If thats the norm for obvious pass plays as it was when Tunsil went out then it will not make any difference who is back there

Absolutely limited cognition to throw the ball away on RT's part. You don't have anything so throw it away... no understanding of cost benefit with this particular player. He makes bad things happen.

Wtf in what world did we have a shot at mayfield? Cleveland was not trading out of first spot.

To everyone saying the browns were never going to trade the #1 pick that is false...especially in a class where there were 2-3 top quarterbacks...the problem would have been the price which would have been something like two future 1sts, two 2nds and Minkah Fitzpatrick all for one pick.

Would you give up Minkah, Gesicki, and Baker for Mayfield?

Would you give up Minkah, Gesicki, and Baker for Mayfield?

Umm... yeah probably... and I'm somebody who would rather build up the team enough before drafting a QB so that we don't KILL the new QB with the **** we have out there in front of him... but there is absolutely no way the Browns would take that trade unless you throw in a few more 1st round picks.

The only option in this entire poll that wouldn't push the Dolphins deeper into football hell is Bridgewater. Cousins?????? Bradford?? Keenum?? C'mon man.

Rosen, but of course we never had a chance unless we were notified of the Cards moving up and stayed pat.

Cousins signed a huge deal, and we already have a QB on a decent sized deal and a lot of debt from Suh.

Would of liked to of drafted a QB for cap and age reasons.

Phillip Rivers anyone? So many misses over the last two decades at the position its beyond reason that the Fins have not had at least one Guy who could carry the groceries back there.
Then to make things worse...They barely supply backups who are even league worthy so the QB in place stays in place for seasons on end (Henne?) There is never any real competition to push them to either get better or get out.

Back
Top Bottom