QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QBs

Le Dolfan

I am Batman
Reaction score
Are Brunell Garcia and Couch the only (decent)available QBs?

I will go grey having to stand another year with Fielder.

You got to know Manning is gonna stay put even if we could afford to get him.
I would rather put some of those saving for another QB some o line and a WR.

How about Gus Ferrotte he's 33 and showed some serious arm in his starts this year.

Or

Kitna?

Off of yahoo sports.
Views: Despite his efforts this season, Kitna is not even guaranteed to be the Bengals’ starter in 2004. After all, Carson Palmer was not drafted first overall just to hold a clipboard, and Cincy coach Marvin Lewis stated he will evaluate the quarterback position prior to next season. Kitna has told club officials he is willing to renegotiate his contract and has indicated a desire to stay in Cincinnati; whether that will be as a starter or as Palmer’s mentor remains to be seen.

If he's not gonna be guaranteed a start Miami might sound right.

Just some thoughts.

I've been a fan of Kitna's for years, and wouldn't be upset in th e least bit if he ended up Miami, and thats coming from someone who loves Fiedler.

Garcia I would take, Brunell and Couch I would NOT.

Originally posted by Stamos
I've been a fan of Kitna's for years, and wouldn't be upset in th e least bit if he ended up Miami, and thats coming from someone who loves Fiedler.

I could not agree less. Kitna had oone good year with a good coach and good WRs. No way we pay him a dime. Garcia is too small and cant go deep. Thats why Rattay mat=y be the guy in SF next year. Brunell would be a good mentor if we draft a QB but only if we draft one. Otherwise he is a stop gap between Jay and ?????? Couch would be great. Like Plummer he is stuck in a bad situation and could show some true collors in a new uniform.

I can't believe you wouldn't take Brunell or Couch or anyone else in the NFL over Fiedler :pirate:

Originally posted by hunter5nc1

I can't believe you wouldn't take Brunell or Couch or anyone else in the NFL over Fiedler :pirate:

I said I would take Garcia and Kitna, but not Couch or Brunell.

One thing I don't think alot of people take into consideration is learning the system. Mark Brunell would not walk into Miami and pick up where he left off in Jacksonville.

For all of Jay Fiedler's shortcomings, he's smart, his big advantage is knowing the offense.

Couch is bad all around. I would literally flip a lid if he was in Miami. And I loved the guy coming out of college. No matter where he goes, its unlikely he ever plays with a more talented crop of WR's then he's had throughout his career in Cleveland. He's a good guy, but a leader he is not.

What good is knowing the offense when you can only run around 1/3rd of the entire playbook due to you physical limitations, and you are madly inconsistent in running that 1/3rd?

Mark Brunell would be an upgrade simply because he would allow us to extend the field. He's got a good deep ball and is a far more accurate passer than Jay Fiedler. Brunell would allow Norv Turner to do more in his passing game.

I said I would take Garcia and Kitna, but not Couch or Brunell.

One thing I don't think alot of people take into consideration is learning the system. Mark Brunell would not walk into Miami and pick up where he left off in Jacksonville.

For all of Jay Fiedler's shortcomings, he's smart, his big advantage is knowing the offense.

Couch is bad all around. I would literally flip a lid if he was in Miami. And I loved the guy coming out of college. No matter where he goes, its unlikely he ever plays with a more talented crop of WR's then he's had throughout his career in Cleveland. He's a good guy, but a leader he is not.

Brunell could not pick up N Turners offense ?? Why ?

Since when has this offense been sooo difficult to digest ?

M Brunell can still play, the guy had to endure listening to T Coughlins drill sgt personality for most of his NFL career ..

If anything, that alone would help / motivate him to play for a championship in any type of offensive scheme ..

Brunell is a very intelligent qb and where ever he ends up starting he will upgrade that teams offense / entire team immeasurably !!

:D

Marino1983

If we cant get manning, or draft a qb that can start right away (and i think both are highly unlikely) brunell is simply the best option, especially if we can improve OL and WR in the draft. Strong arm, veteran leader, smart qb. He's never had a healthy set of weapons for a full season, jimmy smith was hurt or suspended and fred taylor was always hurt when he started down there. not to mention he never had the greatest line either. Chambers, mcmichael, konrad, ricky, Rashaun Woods?, not to mention we probably pursue a free agent wr as well. Brunell would be loaded with weapons, he can throw the deep ball, much more accurrate than couch, garcia, fiedler. hes played in florida so the weather and conditioning isnt an issue, plus hes had most of the year off to rest his body. I don't see any way that you can make a legit argument for one of the other free agent guys that are in our price range.

garcia is so inconsistent, deep ball isnt as good, west coast offense guy whos not used to giving it to a RB 30 times a game, which hurts him cause he needs to get in a groove throwing the ball

couch i used to be high on, but he has squandered too many chances in cleveland with a pretty decent receiving core. he offers a lot of the tools brunell has except he would cost more money and is not as accurate, all he has going for him is his age. id expect him to stay in cleveland though since hes probably the starter next year even though the organization and fans hate him. Maybe he could come out of it in miami, but i wouldnt go into that plan without a legit backup in case it falls apart

as for kitna, he shouldnt go anywhere, even if they go with carson next season they should keep kitna around another year just to be safe. Also, im not sold on kitnas one good season yet, hes been around a while, first time hes done much of anything.

1. Mark Brunell
2. Tim Couch
3. Jeff Garcia

One of these guys is probably the quarterback who will end up starting for the Fins. If not prepare for another year of Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom