Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

White won’t get by Cincinnati and Green Bay at 11 and 12 unless he either murdered someone or runs 4.7 plus

That looks at least 4.6s top end speed all day long.

Hoops- I probably tend to agree with you on White- only thing may drop him if teams don’t value the LB position as much as they should.
It’s pretty top heavy class..
let’s say we agree Williams - Allen - Bosa
no brainers.

QB- Haskins and Lock (someone will draft that arm). That’s 5..

Next 7: gets tough..
Is there dynamic WR?
Oliver DT, Greedy Williams CB, Baker CB
Ferrell DE?
Williams OT will go top 10
White is right there in mix.

I’m not sure about lock. But I agree someone is gonna love the arm. Depends on what he’s like off the field and on the whiteboard drawing protections etc.

I think what you need is for some of these corners to run low 4.4s to boost the odds something falls to you.

Only reason minkah fell to you is cause he tested very average at best for a db and poorly even for a corner. His tape was as assignment sound and consistent as you will ever find.

A bad run # will help a corner come to you but I don’t think you want to pluck that top 15

Daniel Jones is the one that I think goes higher than people expect. All it takes is one team to buy into arm strength development with core work etc with him and given the frame is pretty ideal I think someone will.

Parts of his make up look Andrew luck like.

The polite kid probably falls in that range top 15ish but man does he look light. Long and lean height will help carry weight but those shoulders as small as they are won’t. I think he’s a highly likely scrape the athlete if ask him to gain much weight guy.

He can’t be more than 235 on that frame either right now. Looks like a 34 wolb ideal fit.

Has a nice shoulder dip rush but runs by the qb a lot with it too. Still will test well.

Josh Allen is just another level provided he adds strength in his hands in the pros. That’s the only weakness that kid has. Someone will sprint that card up top 3.

I’m kinda hoping Murray picks football and falls to us to be honest. I don’t see anything that may fall to us that I think could be a difference maker more.

I don’t even see another off the los lb in the same ball park even as Devin white. If there is I haven’t seen it and point me in the right direction. Like I haven’t even seen another top 25 pick worthy one.

The polite kid probably falls in that range top 15ish but man does he look light. Long and lean height will help carry weight but those shoulders as small as they are won’t. I think he’s a highly likely scrape the athlete if ask him to gain much weight guy.

He can’t be more than 235 on that frame either right now. Looks like a 34 wolb ideal fit.

Has a nice shoulder dip rush but runs by the qb a lot with it too. Still will test well.

Josh Allen is just another level provided he adds strength in his hands in the pros. That’s the only weakness that kid has. Someone will sprint that card up top 3.

I’m kinda hoping Murray picks football and falls to us to be honest. I don’t see anything that may fall to us that I think could be a difference maker more.

I don’t even see another off the los lb in the same ball park even as Devin white. If there is I haven’t seen it and point me in the right direction. Like I haven’t even seen another top 25 pick worthy one.

Not a devin bush fan? 4.6 speed

feels like this is a very possible scenario...

height, late decision....feels like he could have a few reasons to slip past 10. if i'm the dolphins i'm watching closely and picking a point in time where i jump to get him.

Haven’t seen enough of bush but he looked kind of slow to me vs Ohio state.

But that’s michigans biggest problem. They are slow compared to legit speed teams. Nfl speed in other words.

Saw a lot of slow on that Michigan tape. And if I’m adding a lb top 25 he has to project to play every down

2 down lbs are awful value top 25 and bad value top 50 even.

Will check out bush.

Haven’t seen enough of bush but he looked kind of slow to me vs Ohio state.

But that’s michigans biggest problem. They are slow compared to legit speed teams. Nfl speed in other words.

Saw a lot of slow on that Michigan tape. And if I’m adding a lb top 25 he has to project to play every down

2 down lbs are awful value top 25 and bad value top 50 even.

Will check out bush.

To be fair devin bush had KJ hill and Paris Campbell who is one of the best RAC receivers we've seen in awhile running crossers at him.

Bush is definitely a 3 down guy, he's on the shorter side though. But I don't lump any of these guys in the same class as white, white is a class of his own this year.

Well if he’s not in the same class as white there’s no point in talking top 15 with an off the los lb.

White has some stiffness in fluidity of movement which is why he’s a lot like a faster more explosive version of vontaze burfict.

And I saw bush unable to close at all on a wheel route to the back vs Ohio state. So it’s not just wr speed where I saw the red flag. Anyways will check it out

A lb that has maximized his body in one offseason is tj Edwards but he still probably projects 2 down despite it.

But he trimmed that baby fat this offseason and it shows with his arrival to the ball.

What scares me the most, is the Dolphins may reach for a QB at #13, out of desperation, with other more talented players on defense on the board. Setting back the Franchise yet again. 2020 is the year to go all in. There are possibly 3 high 1st round QB's, as well as the potential for 2-3 others to make it into round #1. Drew Lock and Jones, would be HUGE gambles, if selected at #13. They are both too risky.

If they don't move up and Murray is gone let's say, I'd take Grier at 13. (Lock will probably be gone too in that scenario.)

As far as linebackers, can't opine until after the combine. It's all about athleticism, bench press, explosion. That's the bottom line. That's an athletic position and they must be special.

I'd keep Quinn on roster even tho he is getting $12 mil per year. It's okay, fk it.

There will be some interesting prospects at DE later. For example, Jalen Jelks, he is strong in the trenches. Kinda of a Hayes type of player, 6-6, 250, tosses linemen around.

Darrell Taylor from Tennessee is an interesting guy. He has to work on his finish, but he has natural predisposition. He can bend the edge, speed rush, and has good strength, lower body, upper body.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1AjFksapr5DcnCPg5b/giphy.gif

giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/2aNGBcUZepGuQt0a8h/giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I wouldn't be shouting "you damn fools" at taking Grier at 13, like I did when we took Tannehill at 8 but he being over drafted at that slot. He's a 2nd round talent, our best move would be to trade back for a 2020 pick and take in the late 20's. However I think he could even be gone before we pick the way the NFL GMs over draft these QB's and Herbert staying in school, if Murray sticks with baseball, the pickings are slim and Haskins, Lock and Grier may all go in the top 10. Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert and EJ Manuel are just a few of the recent examples of these guys being over drafted.

Last edited:

Agree with pretty much all of this. You watch any Germaine Pratt? Interesting Day 2 option. And, not at 13, but what do you think of Juan Thornhill?

Back
Top Bottom