Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

If Murray chooses football that’s tbe card I’d be turning in at 13.

That height and that nickel corner frame should help him come to you.

But if I got a whiff he was going in front of me at say 10 and the Broncos I’d move to 9 for him.

If I’m willing to take a qb at 13 I should be willing to pay the price to go to 9 to get him. Or even 5 really. Especially when I’m in doing so taking myself out of the 2020 qb lottery (which is what we’d be doing).

His height and size is the one thing that may work in our favour, I still think we need to move up and perhaps following the blueprint set by the Eagles when they got Wentz is the way to go. Move up in two phases, they traded with us first, then with another team to get into the top 2. I think we are going to have to give up someone we don't want too, not Tunsil, he's too important for any new QB, but X maybe, a QB trumps all.

Frankly, I don't want any high round draft picks used for QB in this draft.

I don't care who falls to us. This is the defense's draft. This is our draft to finally suck it up, lose, purge and rebuild. Take the lumps. I don't want some middle of the road QB to come in and play well enough for us to be .500 and ruin our best chance in decades to get a great QB prospect.

You have to understand you are preparing the team for your 2020 or 2021 QB. You bring in someone this draft and he PRECEDES your annointed QB. It is more drama we don't need.

Roll with Fales and Falk. These are obviously Gase regime guys. No one will expect them to make it past 2020 anyway. Don't bring in a stop gap. Fail with these two sacrificial lambs. Lose the right way.

Then next year draft your heir apparent and begin your "draft a QB every year" philosophy. But NOT this year.

Your owner has finally accepted the truth of building from the ground up. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Play the draft naturally to it's strengths. This is a defensive draft. So load up.

Looking for QBs in this draft, even a late rounder, is still half measures.

The FIRST QB this new team drafts comes with expectations to be the next guy. Even if late rounder fans will still put pressure to "see what we have".

The first QB we draft next needs to be THE guy. Fail with Fales and Falk.

Personally, I want a true leader. I want a kid who has proven to be a vocal leader who has stepped into a tough situation and come out a real winner on the grand stage. I want the kid who walks into the room and stands above the competition. I want the kid who commands the room, looks the part and is the part. No questions about it.

I believe each team has an identity they can't escape. And when they build to that identity, regardless of fashionable styles, the fans have a different swagger and so does the team. Build to your identity.

For me, our identity is Dan Marino. We need someone with Dan's moxie and bravado. I know fans are in love with Tua. But I think there is a better natural fit for us as an organization:

Trevor Lawrence reminds me of Dan Marino.

He looks like he was born to be a Dolphin

And that's the only QB I want

Frankly, if Kyler Murray is in fact committed to baseball (conflicting reports depending on what you read), then I wouldn't be concerned with QB this year. If he's there at 13, you take him. If he isn't, look towards the strong 2020 QB class.

Continuing on my belief, look at the Bears.

The Bears identity are a great LB with a blue collar QB. The trade for Mack and this team takes off. The fans believe and so does the team.

Steelers are a tough defense, strong running game and rock star QB: The Steel Curtain with Bradshaw. The Dick Lebeau D with Big Ben.

The Dolphins claim the 1972 team. But our identity is Dan. He is the style we like but fell short. His legacy is unfulfilled. And we have paused as an organization waiting for it to be finished.

Dallas' identify is The Triplets and a solid D. When they acquired Cooper this year, the entire organization changed. Zeke, Dak and Cooper have lifted that team with a promising young D.

When teams build to their heritage, the fans naturally energize the games. We miss that. We are still dreaming with Dan in the field. We need that excitement brought back.

Who is that?
Whomever the new staff deems as heir apparent. It was not a question, just a statement representing who the collective brain trust deems so. Meaning if you take a flier on a .500 prospect it derails the real plan.

Whomever the new staff deems as heir apparent. It was not a question, just a statement representing who the collective brain trust deems so. Meaning if you take a flier on a .500 prospect it derails the real plan.

Who is a .500 prospect this year? Who isn't a .500 prospect next year? What is a 0.500 prospect?

Who is a .500 prospect this year? Who isn't a .500 prospect next year? What is a 0.500 prospect?
If you can't identify the QB meant to bring you success, then stop picking QBs.

You've obviously missed the point and are just wanting argument for arguments sake.

Frankly, I don't want any high round draft picks used for QB in this draft.

I don't care who falls to us. This is the defense's draft. This is our draft to finally suck it up, lose, purge and rebuild. Take the lumps. I don't want some middle of the road QB to come in and play well enough for us to be .500 and ruin our best chance in decades to get a great QB prospect.

You have to understand you are preparing the team for your 2020 or 2021 QB. You bring in someone this draft and he PRECEDES your annointed QB. It is more drama we don't need.

Roll with Fales and Falk. These are obviously Gase regime guys. No one will expect them to make it past 2020 anyway. Don't bring in a stop gap. Fail with these two sacrificial lambs. Lose the right way.

Then next year draft your heir apparent and begin your "draft a QB every year" philosophy. But NOT this year.

Your owner has finally accepted the truth of building from the ground up. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Play the draft naturally to it's strengths. This is a defensive draft. So load up.

Looking for QBs in this draft, even a late rounder, is still half measures.

The FIRST QB this new team drafts comes with expectations to be the next guy. Even if late rounder fans will still put pressure to "see what we have".

The first QB we draft next needs to be THE guy. Fail with Fales and Falk.

Personally, I want a true leader. I want a kid who has proven to be a vocal leader who has stepped into a tough situation and come out a real winner on the grand stage. I want the kid who walks into the room and stands above the competition. I want the kid who commands the room, looks the part and is the part. No questions about it.

I believe each team has an identity they can't escape. And when they build to that identity, regardless of fashionable styles, the fans have a different swagger and so does the team. Build to your identity.

For me, our identity is Dan Marino. We need someone with Dan's moxie and bravado. I know fans are in love with Tua. But I think there is a better natural fit for us as an organization:

Trevor Lawrence reminds me of Dan Marino.

He looks like he was born to be a Dolphin

And that's the only QB I want

Nah I want Grier to fall in love with a QB THIS year. With the rookie cap there’s no reason we can’t draft a QB again in 2020 and 2021 If Grier’s QB does not pan out.

Yeah I’m with you on Trevor Lawrence but what guarantees you a top 3 pick in 2021?

Probably gonna need the #1 overall pick for that cause I’m sure someone is gonna come running for it. And that looks like a qb that is gonna cost a boat load to try and trade up for.

Like I could see 3 #1 picks in that trade up package coming from 5 even.

Nah I want Grier to fall in love with a QB THIS year. With the rookie cap there’s no reason we can’t draft a QB again in 2020 and 2021 If Grier’s QB does not pan out.

I think you know that will never happen. You will be making a likely barring injury at least 3 year investment in the 2019 draft qb.

It sounds good and all but it just won’t happen.

I think you know that will never happen. You will be making a likely barring injury at least 3 year investment in the 2019 draft qb.

It sounds good and all but it just won’t happen.

True but all I’m sayin is thanks to the rookie cap it’s doable.

You get 1 shot to pick your QB. Do you put your proverbial eggs in the 5’9 basket or hold til 2020?
If Murray is your guy - you identify him as your QB of the future - don’t you have to move up?

Back
Top Bottom