Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

The idea of waiting for 2021 to draft Lawrence is bizarre to me. Should we aim to go 0-32 over the next two seasons, and just pray Lawrence stays healthy?

I think if Murray is going to get drafted top-15 in the NFL, he’ll play football. He got a contract with $5M guaranteed in baseball. He could spend quite a few years in the minors and never sniff MLB. If he goes top-15 in the NFL, the money will be there to convince him to go with football.

For me, pray that his size turns off most teams and he drops to 13.

I think anyone that was banging the table for Lamar Jackson should be barred from talking QB or even football judging by this play off game

He suffers from the same issues Watson has though to a much greater degree, Inaccuracy and difficulty reading defenses. Watson may improve as he’s a bright kid and a hard worker but Jackson is a box of rocks and will have to rely solely on athletic ability.

The idea of waiting for 2021 to draft Lawrence is bizarre to me. Should we aim to go 0-32 over the next two seasons, and just pray Lawrence stays healthy?

I think if Murray is going to get drafted top-15 in the NFL, he’ll play football. He got a contract with $5M guaranteed in baseball. He could spend quite a few years in the minors and never sniff MLB. If he goes top-15 in the NFL, the money will be there to convince him to go with football.

an ideal scenario would be draft a guy like stick this year. then make the big splash next year for a tua. gives you two guys to develop and let the best one play.

Murray's a tough one. his height will be an issue and you can't rely on the wildcat offense as teams will be better at defending it this year.

Put him in the Oklahoma offense and he does succeed. in fact I would use a lot of Freddie kitchens tape as a template

He suffers from the same issues Watson has though to a much greater degree, Inaccuracy and difficulty reading defenses. Watson may improve as he’s a bright kid and a hard worker but Jackson is a box of rocks and will have to rely solely on athletic ability.

They’re not even in the same category. Watson is actually good, Jackson is garbage and stupid. I’m surprised more people don’t know he’s a moron since he grew up around here. The “qbwinz” crowd points to the ravens record because they’re stupid. Dude is barely a 50% completion percentage and don’t think he’s broken 250 yet. They run all one read plays or rpos. Not sustainable. Turn on the game for proof.

Jackson definitely sucks. If Baltimore had Tannehill they would be a threat with that defense. Trade partner?

On the bright side, we can call the Ravens about our potential next coach

As should all who judge rookie QB’s.

Turn the game on there guy, he’s garbage. Unless he has a brain transplant and gains 20 lbs of muscle, he’s done. He’s josh Johnson and people with actual football IQ have been calling it for 2 years.

Poor footwork, narrow frame, garbage mechanics, throws ducks every third pass.... almost missed that last wide open WR on the blown coverage. He’s not an NFL QB to be taken with a first round pick. He’s a 5th round project player. I bet you liked Tim Tebow too?

If scouts tell him he's a 1st rounder his rookie contract will blow away that minor league contract, IDK if he will get that confirmation.

They’re not even in the same category. Watson is actually good, Jackson is garbage and stupid. I’m surprised more people don’t know he’s a moron since he grew up around here. The “qbwinz” crowd points to the ravens record because they’re stupid. Dude is barely a 50% completion percentage and don’t think he’s broken 250 yet. They run all one read plays or rpos. Not sustainable. Turn on the game for proof.

I agree Watson and Lamar = Apples and Oranges.

If scouts tell him he's a 1st rounder his rookie contract will blow away that minor league contract, IDK if he will get that confirmation.

The idea is that the longevity and subsequent pro contracts will make him more money. I don’t know how good he is as a baseball player but he was drafted 9 overall.

Murray may have all the ability in the world, but the Dolphin fan in me sees him getting killed

good thing its not my decision

The idea is that the longevity and subsequent pro contracts will make him more money. I don’t know how good he is as a baseball player but he was drafted 9 overall.

He leaves a lot to be desired as a hitter.

He's got a long road to the majors. Most guys do

That's not true if your NFL Franchise QB, QB's make as much as any sport, NBA and MLB included. There's no guarantee he will make it into the majors after 3-5 years in the minors, I believe he was rated 34th best prospect in the minors.

Back
Top Bottom