Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

When do y'all think the Pats will draft a backup for Brady?

Belichek will delay it as long as possible imo bc he will be retiring the day Brady does

I think belichek loved Jimmy G and planned on sticking around past Brady w/ garoppolo. W/ him gone you've seen the pats make numberous win now moves and are kinda mortgaging the future. I think bill is done when Tom is

Poor footwork, narrow frame, garbage mechanics, throws ducks every third pass.... almost missed that last wide open WR on the blown coverage. He’s not an NFL QB to be taken with a first round pick. He’s a 5th round project player. I bet you liked Tim Tebow too?

That skinny narrow frame is horrible and he does throw a lot of ducks.

That's not true if your NFL Franchise QB, QB's make as much as any sport, NBA and MLB included. There's no guarantee he will make it into the majors after 3-5 years in the minors, I believe he was rated 34th best prospect in the minors.

It’s more likely he won’t be the franchise Qb. Plays his 4-5 on a rookie deal and then what?

It’s more likely he won’t be the franchise Qb. Plays his 4-5 on a rookie deal and then what?

If he's drafted in the 1st rd that means he's viewed as someone with the potential to be a franchise QB, choosing the much bigger payday is an easy choice, if things doesn't work out he still has baseball to fall back on

If he's drafted in the 1st rd that means he's viewed as someone with the potential to be a franchise QB, choosing the much bigger payday is an easy choice, if things doesn't work out he still has baseball to fall back on
Potential. That’s the point. I have the potential to win the literary too b

Just go with Jones this year and battle it out with Falk. Should lead us to a good QB pick next year. Young QB with Jones as backup in 2020.

Just go with Jones this year and battle it out with Falk. Should lead us to a good QB pick next year. Young QB with Jones as backup in 2020.

You never want to waste a pick intentionally, I think. It's an interesting thought, but cannot be done, cannot intentionally waste picks.

Potential. That’s the point. I have the potential to win the literary too b

Yea in case u didn't know everyone gets drafted on potential, no NFL teams has a crystal ball knowing how a draft pick will turn out, that's also the case on why he was drafted in the minors also, because of his potential, there's a chance he flops in the minors also.

If scouts tell him he's a 1st rounder his rookie contract will blow away that minor league contract, IDK if he will get that confirmation.

That’s why I believe he will choose football. Cause I expect scouts to tell him that.

However not everyone loves making a living taking contact. So we will see.

That’s why I believe he will choose football. Cause I expect scouts to tell him that.

However not everyone loves making a living taking contact. So we will see.

and while the height is a small issue, this guy doesn't have the same build as a Wilson. He is much thinner...that contact may wear on him sooner rather then later.

That hit he took from quinnen Williams and there’s more of that in the pros may have him second guessing the football route.

Cause he’s gonna be a prime candidate for a lot of head high hits due to that height. 6 foot 2 plus is gonna be the norm on d lines in the pros

If I felt this kid was just an athlete who happened to play qb or a run first guy who couldn’t spin it with consistency or accuracy I’d steer as far away from this as possible.

But I just don’t. Nickel slot corner body though with 300 lb guys hitting him head high and driving him into the ground could make for a short shelf life. And a neck fusion surgery

Last edited:
He suffers from the same issues Watson has though to a much greater degree, Inaccuracy and difficulty reading defenses. Watson may improve as he’s a bright kid and a hard worker but Jackson is a box of rocks and will have to rely solely on athletic ability.

I don't think Lamar Jackson is a good comparison for Deshaun Watson at all. I think that's grossly unfair to Deshaun Watson.

Lamar Jackson is either off-brand Colin Kaepernick or name brand Blaine Gabbert. Can he develop into more than that? Yes. Every quarterback develops and changes over time, and most of them do get better from their rookie season onward. But that's what he is right now.

Back
Top Bottom