Quarterbacks In The Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft

I'd be surprised if he's not there at 13. I think he should go earlier, but I'd guess the NFL will see it different.

I'm firmly in the camp that I would draft Kyler Murray and take a chance on him. But he's small. He's really small! He's like barely 5'10" and he doesn't have a thick, muscular frame.

I could definitely see him slipping way down the board because teams are scared witless that he will get Pat White'd.

I'm firmly in the camp that I would draft Kyler Murray and take a chance on him. But he's small. He's really small! He's like barely 5'10" and he doesn't have a thick, muscular frame.

I could definitely see him slipping way down the board because teams are scared witless that he will get Pat White'd.

Agree, don't think the fear is well-founded, but I agree.

Not sure it’s the height that scares me as much as the frame. Baker and Wilson see little thicker from day knee/thigh through torso/ shoulders. Murray seems thin in contrast. Hopefully translates into being slippery. Who knows. It’s an unknown. There’s no one in the league who really compares. On other hand, he can run, pass and has presence/ instinct.

Not sure it’s the height that scares me as much as the frame. Baker and Wilson see little thicker from day knee/thigh through torso/ shoulders. Murray seems thin in contrast. Hopefully translates into being slippery. Who knows. It’s an unknown. There’s no one in the league who really compares. On other hand, he can run, pass and has presence/ instinct.

He's definitely adept at avoiding contact. He's quick AF and a very instinctive runner. Unsurprisingly, given his baseball background, he's good at sliding, too - not a given with all mobile QB's. I'll try to find it, but I saw a study a year or two ago that showed heavier QB's tend to get injured more than lighter QB's. Maybe it's a false sense of security, or maybe lighter QB's tend to be quicker and better at avoiding major collisions - idk.

Things are getting interesting. Are we in on Murray? Worth a trade up?

Back
Top Bottom