question about Carey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

question about Carey

USArmyFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do you guys think Carey could move to the leftside and bring ina new RT which theres seems to be more in freeagency? I have heard from you guys he has improved but I have not seen any games so I do not know to what extent? Your thoughts?

Me and CK are pretty much on an island on this one... but ya. IMO, his skill set is better suited for the left side.

I will never forget watching him at Left Tackle go up against JT during training camp at the start of his sophomore season. He looked great that training camp at LT... but then McDouglesuck was horrible and we were forced to move Carey over to RT to replace him... and the rest is history.

He can definatly play LT IMO...

Intersting post Fin Nasty. I always thought he was a little to slow opening up with that left side to handle some of the league's top DEs. He has definietly improved his game since he first started off at LT. I wouldn't be oppose to the idea if we struggle to find a real LT in free agency or in the draft. Interesting topic, you have me sitting on a stone with my chin on my clutched fist.

Do you guys think Carey could move to the leftside

No. Wannstedt and Saban tried that and the experiment failed somewhat horribly. Carey simply and obviously isn't comfortable there and playing well below his actual skills. It took the Dolphins two years to find him a position where he's comfortable and playing well (extremely well, one might add), so there's not much sense in moving him around yet again. That's not to say that he doesn't have the skills to play LT - he certainly does, but he is lacking a certain kind of mental toughness that you need at that position. Let him stay where he's comfortable and you might well get a Pro Bowl RT two or three years down the road.

Depends on Alabi, and who else is available. I believe their preference would be Carey at RT, as he has been real successful there. They must have a plan though, as LT and LG are wide open right now.

Me and CK are pretty much on an island on this one... but ya. IMO, his skill set is better suited for the left side.

I will never forget watching him at Left Tackle go up against JT during training camp at the start of his sophomore season. He looked great that training camp at LT... but then McDouglesuck was horrible and we were forced to move Carey over to RT to replace him... and the rest is history.

He can definatly play LT IMO...

He handled Simeone Rice in preseason a couple years ago and did look very good at LT, I think switching him there would be ideal but there is the danger that he will take time to settle in.

I hope we sign him to an extension. He's a great building block on the right side.

Back
Top Bottom