Question About Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question About Ricky

ac_lanham

The Comeback Kid
Reaction score
I was moping around the house when I thought about this

Ricky Williams wants to be "free" to do whatever he wants...smoke weed, whatever. IMHO since he doesn't believe in control he's a slight Anarchist(no not Antichrist)

Why does this guy decide he still wants to be a role model for children when he smokes weed, doesn't like being controlled. I mean, is there something that I'm not missing, would you let your kids work with him when he just said all of this. Ricky's not a thug or anything but he just seems like he may impose his beliefs on children whom he may work with...

See where I'm coming from? It may be weird but I just think of this like this :confused:

He will be in for a HUGE shock when he runs out of money from being sued and from travelling. He will have to work and realize he is bound by even more rules. He is a bigger moron than I thought.

I think he is going back to school or something..

And let me just say this, and dont take this as condescending please, but some cultures differ from ours. America is a very hardwork based culture.. In a way, a superficial culture.. WORK WORK WORK.. For what? More money to buy bigger and better things? Yes, a good work ethic can be an admirable trait, but I also believe American cutlure takes it a little to far.. We work ourselves to death, sometimes not even having time enough for our families or even ourselves. When was the last time you were alone by yourself somewhere reflecting on your life? I would venture to say rarely if ever.. We are too busy with the worries of the everday life.. the busy work.. the daily grind. I refer back to the recent tragedy in which a dentist "forgot" his infant son in a hot car for hours..the child died. This man no doubt loved his child, but he was so consumed with work that he even forgot briefly about something that should be most important in his life.. This is the reality of America today.. We are consumed with work and the dollar.

Abroad, they may not be as wealthy, or technilogically advanced, but I believe they tend to lead happier lives with less. This I believe is because the pace is different.. Not as hectic. They slow it down.. Give themselves a little more time to enjoy themselves.. More days away from the grind. .I go to Brasil quite often, and have been into many poverty stricken areas there, and let me tell you, some of them seemed to be happier than many of the better off people I find here. No Microwave, no HDTV, no Internet, but they have a sense of community and fun that I dont witness much here... They make their own fun playing with matchsticks and it doesnt matter..

Oh well.. I am fine with his decision, but I am not fine with the timing.. He completely screwed over his team and "friends" and to me, thats selfish..

Back
Top Bottom