Question about Sebastian Janikowski | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about Sebastian Janikowski

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
He went 17th OVERALL in the 2000 draft? Jesus. What made him so special to go so high in the draft? I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a Kicker selected before the 3rd round in about 10 years and I think he was the highest drafted Kicker ever. Were Raiders fans mad when they selected him?

he is from poland, he should of went #1, enough said.

No polish jokes please.

bottom line: The raider kicker of the year prior(cant remember name) blew a few games on missed fg's, even some at the last minute. They knew it was time for a change. Janikowski has the leg power to kick 70 yarder's...never had the chance to do it in a game, but you never know. I still dont think he should have gone that high in the draft, but they needed him

I can't recall who it was, but the talking heads were saying that another team was looking at taking him early in the 2nd as well, so he would not have been there for oakland.

Most Raider fans that I know out here werent so much pissed as they were puzzled... and then when they looked at the kid they were pretty much in agreement that it was one of those "Hey, that Al for ya" kind of moves... they like him here, alot, but i have heard a few grumblings about the pick, but it didn't cause the kind of uproar one would expect.

Back
Top Bottom