Question about the 72 Dolphins? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about the 72 Dolphins?

I had no chance of actually attending a game in the 70s so those books were everything to me. That is why I held onto my copies of "Football Stars of 1972 and 1973", even after reading them hundreds of times. Csonka and Larry Brown are on the cover of '73. Griese and Roger Staubach share the '72 cover.
I think like the first of those I got was '75. Stabler was on the cover. Tarkenton in '76. Crazy I can still remember!

Another area where he was excellent. So unselfish too. Can you imagine calling your own number seven times in a super bowl?

He knew the Vikings couldn't stop the run game, so he picked his spots. Ultimate team player.
And they had the “Purple People Eaters”....Hall of famers Alan Page and Carl Eller...Pro Bowlers Jim Marshall and Gary Larsen.

They even had hall of fame safety Paul Krause....an excellent defense.

Went to 3 Superbowls in 4 years in this era.

It just shows you how great that Dolphin team was......

And they had the “Purple People Eaters”....Hall of famers Alan Page and Carl Eller...Pro Bowlers Jim Marshall and Gary Larsen.

They even had hall of fame safety Paul Krause....an excellent defense.

Went to 3 Superbowls in 4 years in this era.

It just shows you how great that Dolphin team was......
Miami was a machine in that super bowl win over Minnesota.

I know most of you were not around then. I fell in love with that team when I was 7 years old. I could name every player. My question for you is who was the best player on that team? I have my favorite, but I believe it comes down to two guys. I’m just curious if others remember it the way I do. I appreciate any responses from people that loved that team like I did.
IMO Zonk and Little. Little won’t get many votes as an OG but he made that running game go. Think he was a 5x All Pro, all decade team and is a HOF candidate as one of the greatest guards of all time.

IMO Zonk and Little. Little won’t get many votes as an OG but he made that running game go. Think he was a 5x All Pro, all decade team and is a HOF candidate as one of the greatest guards of all time.
Larry Little is in the hall of fame, along with Jim Langer...it’s Kuechenberg whose gotten shafted by the hall!

Not physically the best, but Nick Buoniconti was certainly the brains of the defense. 71-72 was my first year in college (up north) and I had my parents snail mail me the Herald sports section after each game so I could read it. I started taping the front page to the wall outside my dorm room, planning to only put up the wins. By the end of the Superbowl I had front pages halfway down the hall.

Not physically the best, but Nick Buoniconti was certainly the brains of the defense. 71-72 was my first year in college (up north) and I had my parents snail mail me the Herald sports section after each game so I could read it. I started taping the front page to the wall outside my dorm room, planning to only put up the wins. By the end of the Superbowl I had front pages halfway down the hall.

Like much of the NFL...the requirements of the position changed with rules...in the era of the running game Buonticonti was a great player!

Back
Top Bottom