Question about the defensive staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about the defensive staff

elite14eva

Yashu Mane!!!
Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think gase is going to make changes on the defensive side of the ball? It's been awfully quiet I'm getting the feeling that no changes will be made which in my opinion would be a terrible mistake.

Does anyone think gase is going to make changes on the defensive side of the ball? It's been awfully quiet I'm getting the feeling that no changes will be made which in my opinion would be a terrible mistake.
Burke is still here. I am thinking by now a move would be made. Scary

Looks likes it Burke, with Vic F staying in Chicago, not sure we tried to talk to him. Burke convinced Gase it’s player limitations.

maybe after next season our next coach with hire a competent guy

Well, there are still teams playing right now. It's possible that Gase could be waiting for someone on one of the playoff teams to get.

More likely, Gase is going to give Burke another year to tweak the scheme. Gase has offense problems and he knows it. Maybe he's too tied up with that to even address the defense.

Matt Burke's defense reminds me a lot of Kevin Coyle and that is not a good thing.

I wasn't happy with the performance of the defense, but this might be one of those areas where improvement won't be apparent until training camp. I think much of the fault on defense can be blamed on the players Burke was given. The addition of a couple of linebackers and a FS could lead to rapid improvement next season.

I'm as disappointed by the retention of Burke as anyone, but...

It's not like established defensive play callers are going to be falling all over themselves to call plays for Gase. He's a young and unproven HC, possibly on the hot-seat starting next season, and has an ego the size of Texas. Yeah, I'm sure they are going to leave their playoff teams to join him.

Back
Top Bottom