Question bout Coleman from Jaguar/Dolphin fan.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question bout Coleman from Jaguar/Dolphin fan..

PenaltiesGalore

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey y'all, haven't been hangin' around this board much lately, so I don't know the latest on what the interest level is for Marco Coleman in Miami, but recently there has been some faint rumors in J'Ville followed today by some comments by Tom Coughlin regarding the possible signing of Coleman. Now I assume the recent signing of Brunnet, the Dolphins are no longer interested, but you can never have enough quality DEs on a Super Bowl conteding team. Now, The Jaguars are also pursuing Charlie Batch as a veteran QB, and possibly another LB. Any football fan knows the Jaguars are strapped for cash, so I was basically wondering are the Dolphins at all still interested in Coleman, and if so, what type of contract is Marco willing to accept and what is his fair market value. Thanx.

The Dolphins closed the door on Coleman with the signing of Burnett. Coleman is a decent DE who will look for a multi year deal, in the 1-1.5 million a year range.

If he can produce 7-10 sacks a season, then I would say his asking price is fair market value. Otherwise your overpaying him.

Good luck

Originally posted by dolfan87
The Dolphins closed the door on Coleman with the signing of Burnett. Coleman is a decent DE who will look for a multi year deal, in the 1-1.5 million a year range.

If he can produce 7-10 sacks a season, then I would say his asking price is fair market value. Otherwise your overpaying him.

Good luck

Like we overpaid for Burnett.

hey penalties galore...

How can you be a Dolphins/Jaguars fan? You're either one or the other. That **** kills me.
Being a fan of both is like having 2 wives; or being an athiest and a born again christian at the same time....it makes no sense.
Choose one.

oh dw, you can be a fan of a lot of teams. Maybe he lives in Jacksonville, and was a Dolfan before the Jags arrived. Now he likes them both.

I like the Packers, and I am also a big Peyton Manning fan. The Dolphins are my favorite team by far, but that doesn't mean I can't like other teams or players.

I don't like other teams in this sport or in baseball, but there are other players that I like. I liked Ricky Williams in New Orleans, I also like Edgerrin James, David Boston, and Norman Hand just to name a few.

I only have one favorite team in each sport. But I do have teams that I like as well, just not as much.

Meaning the Dolphins are my #1. My #2 teams would be like Colts, Seahawks, Chiefs, and any team that plays the Jets/Bills.

As far as I am concerned, there is #1 and nothing..... I haven't got time to follow any other teams.

I only have a #1 and then nothing else in football and baseball, in basketball I like a few teams, and my #1 in that sport just continues to frustrate me every year with the worst management in pro sports.

Thanks for the responses. If you must know, my story is a li'l sumthin' like dolfan87 wrote. I lived in Miami my whole life until about 9 years ago. The Dolphins were the only team I was remotely concerned with. But with the move to Daytona Beach, also came a complete lack of sporting events and teams to follow. When it was announced J'Ville would be receiving a NFL team, I had my ticket order form in the next day. I have become a HUGE Jaguar fan, but still remain very loyal to Miami teams (I BLEED orange and green). I think the Dolphins will contend for the Super Bowl this year, and the Jaguars will be lucky to contend for a playoff spot. As was the case in Marino's last game (62-7), it is very hard cheering for both teams in some cases, but I manage. It helps that they are not in the same division.

I live in Jacksonville and hate the jags. I am glad they were sent to the expansion division.

Oh and BTW, the reason I hate them is because prior to 1995, there were TONS of Dolphin fans here. Then in 95, they completely removed all traces of the Dolphins from all the local media and totally pushed the Jagwads on the whole town.

I have lived in Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville. Tampa always had the Bucs and Fins on tv...sometimes at the same time. The Jags NEVER do that. They know who the real team is.

So how were you feeling when the Jaguars kicked our asses 62-7?
Or was it 102 to 7? I forget... :(

I'm a totally loyal 'Fin-fan and don't really follow other teams but, like Blizzard, I'm a fan of other players. Ricky Williams was honestly my favorite back prior to the trade so I follow NO a bit, Donovan McNabb is my favorite player not in a 'Fins uniform so I also follow the Eagles.

In the coming season I'll do all I can to never miss a 'Fins game but will also try to watch the Eagles, Texans (I'm intrigued by them after an incredible expansion and college draft), Chargers (closest thing to a home team I have here in SoCal and LT is going to be really fun to watch this year), and I'll watch any Jets or Bills game in hopes of seeing them get their butts kicked.

There was a post on Buffalo Bills Insider that Len Pasquerella reported Coleman has visited Washington and Buffalo may have some interest. I don't expect he'll end up in Buffalo. He wants bigger bucks than he'll get out of Tom Donahoe. BTW my daughter once liked the Dolphins. As she's grown older she's become more discriminating.

Back
Top Bottom