Question for everyone. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for everyone.

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
What is the criteria for getting voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I'm just wondering when (or if?) Dan Marino will be voted in. Anyone know? Thanks.

What is the criteria for getting voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I'm just wondering when (or if?) Dan Marino will be voted in. Anyone know? Thanks.

I know you have to have been retired for atleast 5 years. My bet is hes inducted in 2005, but you never know

<edit>

I reread your post... IF? Ha! Thats funny...IF...I dont think he's going to ahve to worry about that one

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry mods. Didn't mean to post it twice. Thanks.

Marino is going in first thing just like elway and Barry, the criteria is just 5 years as far as i know, its up to the committee from there...

your eligible 5 years after you retire, at which time the sportswriter of america vote each year on the finalists.

If your talking about baseball, then all you have to be is a .260 lifetime hitter, or win a70 games, they let everyone in!

I know it's a given for him to go in. Don't know why I put if.

Have they ever put someone in before there 5yrs is up? I thought they did,but can't remember!(shula).

Back
Top Bottom