Question for Premium Members (poll) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for Premium Members (poll)

Should There be a Separate Ricky Williams Sub-Forum?

  • Yes, get those damn Ricky threads out of the main forum!

    Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No, I like seeing 20/25 threads on the same subject on the first page!

    Votes: 7 29.2%

  • Total voters
    24
  • Poll closed .

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
18
Location
Seattle, WA
Would you support the creation of a Ricky Williams sub-forum for all the RW posts? It would be like the old Fiedler forum, for those whose tenure exceeds mine.
 

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
7,552
Reaction score
3
Location
Coral Springs
In order for this to be a fair poll nabo you shouldnt make the "no" choice make people feel like idiots for picking it ;) ...nobody likes to see 20-25 threads about ricky on one page (which is why we tend to merge them to knock them down)....having ppl's threads moved when they have to do with the dolphins (and ricky is in them) will tick people off...as of right now, i dont want a seperate forum, but as 3p said, as the news starts coming around...it may be necessary.
 

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
18
Location
Seattle, WA
TerryTate said:
In order for this to be a fair poll nabo you shouldnt make the "no" choice make people feel like idiots for picking it ;) ...nobody likes to see 20-25 threads about ricky on one page (which is why we tend to merge them to knock them down)....having ppl's threads moved when they have to do with the dolphins (and ricky is in them) will tick people off...as of right now, i dont want a seperate forum, but as 3p said, as the news starts coming around...it may be necessary.


:lol: It's not intended to be scientific, forum linebacker. It's supposed be a tongue-in-cheek take on what obviously is an irritant to those that frequent this board. And if you don't think it's irritating, try reading some of the responses out there that reflect how tired the majority is of the crap.

I think we're all intelligent enough in this forum - and most here know me well enough - that this is being taken as intended.
 

Ozzy

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
5,383
Reaction score
67
Location
Miami FLA
NaboCane said:
Would you support the creation of a Ricky Williams sub-forum for all the RW posts? It would be like the old Fiedler forum, for those whose tenure exceeds mine.

Cant we make up something about him in the game room?

Like.....see who can spit the longest and hit Ricky in the head?

You cracked me up with that one.....
 

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
18
Location
Seattle, WA
Ozzy said:
Cant we make up something about him in the game room?

Like.....see who can spit the longest and hit Ricky in the head?

You cracked me up with that one.....


:roflmao: Glad you caught that.
 

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
5,475
Reaction score
4,366
Location
SO CAL
nah. Its nature that the Ricky news is big. I voted to leave it be.
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,212
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
I'd rather leave it alone for the time being.

That said, I haven't been here in a few days. So I haven't seen it for myself.
 

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
7,552
Reaction score
3
Location
Coral Springs
honestly, i dont think this is gonna go all-season long as opposed to the fiedler/griese debates when we used the JF forum...

There may be debates on who should start between Ronnie and Ricky, and those types of threads need to be in main IMO.
 

A Wing Pilot

Section:445 Row:19 Seat:1&2
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
2,386
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Coral Springs
Like i said earlier I'd like to know exactly what percentage of the posts over the last year (up to his resignation ) have refrenced #34. If its over 30% then yes its own forum, Otherwise I'll troll around and hang out in here
 

DOLPHAN1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Home of the first Night Football Game
what's sad to me is that we even have to consider this. it was truely bothersome when the feidler forum existed. i never went there. it should all be one forum and we should all be grown up about starting threads. if yours gets merged, so what.
 

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
18
Location
Seattle, WA
DOLPHAN1 said:
what's sad to me is that we even have to consider this. it was truely bothersome when the feidler forum existed. i never went there. it should all be one forum and we should all be grown up about starting threads. if yours gets merged, so what.


I agree with you 100%. But the stark reality is that there's an element that takes this way too personally, and can't stand to be moderated in any way.

It's a small majority, but in being loud and obnoxious, they seem greater in number than they are.
 

Wildbill3

Onion Fetish
Club Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
29,510
Reaction score
3,076
Age
43
Location
Kentucky
NaboCane said:
I agree with you 100%. But the stark reality is that there's an element that takes this way too personally, and can't stand to be moderated in any way.

It's a small majority, but in being loud and obnoxious, they seem greater in number than they are.
I was all for keeping the ricky threads in the main forum until today, when I saw a "what if ricky does good" and then a what if ricky sucks ***" thread... why does there need to be two threads on basically the same subject? Make a ricky only thread please. :fire:
 

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
18
Location
Seattle, WA
It pays to note that while - as I said before - this is unscientific and a small sampling of the membership, the votes for a RW forum are running 3 to 1 (currently 13-4) vs. the "no" votes.
 
Top Bottom