Question for the board | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for the board

Barry Jackson used to be my favorite (still is) but the quality has gone downhill

but also like Loco said, you can open up the window in private browsing and it’ll work

I don't remember the name of the reporter (too much Saturday here). But the reporter who covers us for ESPN seems to have actual contacts inside the team. He seems to be the only one. Most of what comes out is solely speculation and click bait. They have a job to write about the Dolphins. SO, in the absence of real info which most don't have true access to unless there has just been a PC or access provided, they use a few tiny pieces of gossip to then build a clickbait quilt. Personally, I don't mind Mando or Hyde.

The pay wall thins is really just where it;s needed to go because noone buys the paper anymore and it's a money grab. You can get around it most of the time by pasting the link URL into a private or incognito browser or using a VPN. I'm not saying LOCO does these things but a friend told me those manners work.
I can't believe no one else mentioned Cameron Wolfe, he's easily the best beat reporter for the Phins.

Also check out the Locked on Dolphins, 3 Yards per Carry, and Drivetime podcasts.

Thanks for the information and feedback , I did check out Club 347. I didn‘t know anything about it . But will learn quickly as I joine.
This guy can be a bit abrasive at times, but if you can get past his aggressive personality he is right about so much stuff it's scary. He knows football and has some connections. If you like podcast he has the best most informative dolphin's show on the net IMO. Here's a link,

In terms of writers Cam Wolfe is the best right now and clearly has the respect of Flo.

Joe Schad is hit or miss but seems to have a genuine enthusiasm for what's going on with the team.

I still don't read Omar but he seems to have become a but more objective this offseason.

Mando and Beasley seem to be on the outs with the team and it reflects in their writing.

Barry when level headed is very good. Tends to be a bit whiny the last 2 years but he is a fan too I believe sometimes I think he let's the Fandom cloud his judgement.

Honestly if you have twitter or are willing to pay you can get good break downs from a bunch of different avenues. Kyle Crabbs, John Tolentino, The PFN crew, Ryan Smith (even if he bailed on a q&a session with the site) all provide good looks at the team

A problem I have with our Miami Sports writers is they all seem to enjoy writing negative new far too often. They are always "glass half empty" about everything. One of them in particular enjoys trying to passive-aggressive insult Dolphin fans. I called him out on it years ago in public forums like this one and it made the news on TV and in the papers, because he was caught lying about why he "High Fived" a friend in a public venue watching a game on a play that eliminated the Dolphins from the playoffs. I thought it was classless and called him out on in in a private email and caught him lying, and frankly he acted like even more of an ass for me having the balls to call him out. So right or wrong I posted the conversation when he lied and insulted me for calling him out on something he clearly had done. It ended up starting a wildfire and he was reprimanded by his boss (not my original intention) and then his anti Dolphin behavior was made public to everyone. Needless to say, I hoped that event would improve how the Dolphins are covered but it just got worse in my opinion, partly because that was the beginning of our Dolphins struggling years. Back when it happened though we were still one of the winningest teams in Pro Sports history. The coverage was often negative back then too btw for those of you too young to have followed back then. For a long time, only Dolphins Digest offered positive Miami Dolphins articles.
It's this anti Dolphins coverage that makes me want to start a Dolphins Blog in a few years when I retire from teaching and coaching. I know I'll be at every open practice I can get to when that time comes.

Last edited:
Since I don’t live any where near a Miami i want to ask a question for those who live in South Florida.

What beat writers cover the Dolphins accurately and fairly?

why it matters is if I pay to subscribe to a Paper I would rather it be a choice made that I will get some value form with Fins info.

Im not so sure I like what Armando says at the Herald or the content in his reports

I do like some of Hyde’s takes at Sun Sentinel.

help me out please tired of clicking links to find out I cannot read the article.

Thank You
Great post. I have not read answers yet. I also do not like clicking a link only to have to pay

South Florida beat writers are some of the worst in the country in my opinion. I go to local sports radio to get some of the best media dialogue on these topics but they are only a level above.

The best reading material I would get on the team used be on this website with a poster named CKParrothead and from Travis Wingfield. They are both in the media now and produce great insight on the Dolphins and player evaluation.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information and feedback , I did check out Club 347. I didn‘t know anything about it . But will learn quickly as I joine.
I need to take more advantage of 347. Unfortunately I seem to go to the ladies lounge first and forget to leave

I subscribe to the Herald, Sun-Sentinel, Athletic, ESPN+, and of course, 347. I agree this site/347 is the best option. After that, I'm a pretty big fan of the Herald's coverage. I guess I'm in the minority but I think Barry Jackson and Armando do a good job of getting info and offering opinions.

I don't think the Sun Sentinel offers all that much as Dave Hyde doesn't seem that knowledgeable and Omar thinks he's knowledgeable but really isn't. You don't ever get any inside scoops from them or Safid Deen.

I like Joe Schad but again, he doesn't seem to offer anything more than what the Herald provides so I don't get the PB Post.

I think Josh Tolentino is solid, but I would not get The Athletic just for Dolphins news as he doesn't offer anything I don't know already know. He's a lot better than Chris Perkins used to be though.

Cameron Wolfe is relatively new to the scene but he seems like he could be pretty plugged in. I also like reading Alain Poupart.

Agree with a few others that some podcasts and Twitter accounts are also great follows.

None of the beat writers had any inside scoop on any free agents or last year's draft, so there's no real reason to listen IMO

Back
Top Bottom