Question on a slow Football Thursday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question on a slow Football Thursday

I’m wondering why there are posts here even doubting the coaching staff at this point. You see it on both sides of the ball, and then you get the play of Rowe, Needham, Laird, Ford, Gesicke. Come on guys, you see what Gase is doing in NY. Do the math at this point. This is a well coached team who teach fundamentals. And Oshea’s play calling??? Ahead of its time compared to Gase’s. This coaching staff uses the players strengths, they’re not trying to fit square pegs into round holes.
We will find out in the next two years if these coaches are big game coaches, but right now we do know they can coach players up and teach actual football

The commentators for Thursday night football are wondering why Gase hasn’t figured out a way to use Bell :lol:

Get an offensive line that can open holes....Don't fall behind...Don't have excessive TO's from the QB spot...

I have to admit, I'm never spending big on an RB in today's NFL. No way, no how. I don't care what his name is. If you build a good line you can have a serviceable running game. If I drafted an RB that looked like the 2nd coming, once that rookie deal was up bub bye.

Get an offensive line that can open holes....Don't fall behind...Don't have excessive TO's from the QB spot...

I have to admit, I'm never spending big on an RB in today's NFL. No way, no how. I don't care what his name is. If you build a good line you can have a serviceable running game. If I drafted an RB that looked like the 2nd coming, once that rookie deal was up bub bye.
I agree, but in Gase defense there, he didn’t recruit and overpay Bell. The management did before he got there if I recall.

Would coach Flores and his staff get the same "love" if Fitzmagic wasn't here?

Yes, because it far more then just Fitzmagic.

Receivers are steping up...First Williams looked like the Superstar receiver and taking over games, then Gesicki was looking like the TE we hoped he woukd become, then Parker has looked almost impossible to defend.

The team has been one of the least flagged.

Miami lost it's best Corner, who happens to be one if the best in the NFL, traded it's best young DB to Pittsburgh, had an injury to it's top former All-pro Safety...No problem, the Secondary has still looked better then last year.

Miami sends it's best O-Linemen to tge Texans, and has had to field a line of almost all new faces along the line...No problem, this years line (Though still needed a lit of help), has been as good or better the last year.

Fitzpatrick has shown to turn the corner this year, but consider that after such aclong career of going from Fitz-magic in a few games to Fitz-Tragic, and then back and forth, he has actually been as consistent this year as he has in a very long time.

It's called developing, and putting your players in the best chance to succeed. If Miami had gotten another Vet QB to help with this year, it might have still meant Miami right now would have 3 or more wins.

I wonder what Flores could have done with Tannehill.

I am not a Ryan Tannehill believer in the slightest, I just wonder how many games could he have won under the same circumstances.

I think Tannehill would have gotten killed behind this Oline. The weakness of the line and the lack of a running game are two elements Tanny could never overcome. Fitz works because for a fat old guy he's pretty elusive and knows when to run, he's close to the leading rusher on this team :) Fitz has a completely different skill set, a one that's more suited to playing in this team. I doubt we win anymore games with Tanny there, in fact we probably win even less.

I think Tannehill would have gotten killed behind this Oline. The weakness of the line and the lack of a running game are two elements Tanny could never overcome. Fitz works because for a fat old guy he's pretty elusive and knows when to run, he's close to the leading rusher on this team :) Fitz has a completely different skill set, a one that's more suited to playing in this team. I doubt we win anymore games with Tanny there, in fact we probably win even less.

He reminds me of a fat, old Jay Fiedler.

I don't want to run, but crap guys... you are getting me killed back here.

Back
Top Bottom