question on supplemental draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

question on supplemental draft

GRT8

DOLPHIN FAN SINCE 1970
Reaction score
I apologize for posting this, but I am really "out of the loop" on the supplemental draft and how it works. More importantly how these players become available for it? can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks guys!

Well teams are broken up into 4 catagories. Teams with 7 wins or less (i believe), teams with 7 wins or more that didn't make the playoffs, teams with 7 wins or more that made the playoffs, and teams that made the playoffs.

Then the first group of lossers (which we are in) get a chance to bid a 2006 draft choice for the player. I believe it is done silent auction style. You say "i'll give a 4th round pick next year for player X". If everyone in our pool bids a 4th rounder, it goes by draft order, so SF would be #1, and then Miami #2. If someone in that pool bid a 3rd round pick and everyone else a 4th, then the player goes to that team automaticly. If no one in that pool put in a bid, it goes to the next pool of teams.

That is pretty much how it works. My explanation my not be exact, but that is the basics.

Back
Top Bottom