Question...what changed? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question...what changed?

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out exactly what mental excuse the Personell guys from 31 teams will use this season. Every team that is making a play for Henson this year should be made to explain how a player went from not being worth a 5th round pick, to being worth a 1st or 2nd round pick without playing a single game. That's a nifty magic trick on Henson part. Look ma...nothin up my sleeve...PRESTO!!! I jumped 5 draft spots while wearing a baseball uniform!! That's impressive. For my next trick I'll turn into a bar. :confused:

Well, I think he was a top pick but because he said he was going to play baseball why waste a pick, any round on him? Texans took the chance, the rest of the teams picked their needs.

Wasn't a trick, as their aren't many in the NFL.

If D. Henson would have been totally commited to the NFL last year, he would have been drafted much higher. The fact that he was already with the Yankees made most teams back-off considerably. Most everyone knew ahead of time that Henson would not be playing football in 2003, so they stayed away from him....

He would have been drafted in either the 1st or 2nd round IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

What changed is that he was under contract by the Yankees last year. He's not this year. Big difference.

Not to mention the fact that he

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
What changed is that he was under contract by the Yankees last year. He's not this year. Big difference.

Adamantly kept saying he was not interested in playing football, even after the Texans had drafted him. The texans who've had a plethora of great picks could afford to use a 6th round pick on Henson and take a flyer. But all 31 other teams saw that sixth round pick as a big risk and a waste to use it on somone who said they aren't going to play football.

the Texans saw what the Yankees saw that Henson was not MLB material. The Yanks w/have waited another year to cut Henson loose, but were happy to take their 12 mil back from him. It was just a gambling game of how high a pick do you spend on a guy that you may never get. Casserly deserves mucho credit if the Texans get a decent pick in a trade for Drew. Seems like most GMs did not think that far ahead on this as to see the they c/get something for Henson before the 2004 draft. All I can see if that they must have been focused on 2003 solely

Henson was a 5th rounder because he told the teams in the NFL not to draft him because he would not play football ever. So the Texans drafted him anyways not really even excepting him to play football. But when he played like **** in the Minors he decided to give football a shot. The Texans took a chance and it worked to there advantage. If he would have stayed in Football and enter the draft out of college he was said to be a 1st rounder anyways. So it really wasnt a trick it was him failing in his orignal choice of baseball. But can you blame him they gave him like 17 million over a long period. He just didnt turn into the 3rd baseman they thought he would. He had a horrible batting avg for the Columbus Clipperships.

Henson was a 6th rounder I believe and not only could he not hit a curveball in the minors, he could not make a decent throw to 1st base :eek:

Back
Top Bottom