question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

question

northstar

Starter
Reaction score
lets just say the fins trade next years 1st to sea for alexander...which takes care of our rb situation..and we trade down with TB for their #5..who could we poss. draft at 5..since rb is out of the question most likely..? the qbs will be gone..braylon most likely..i think if mike williams falls to the bears they will take him..

northstar said:
lets just say the fins trade next years 1st to sea for alexander...which takes care of our rb situation..and we trade down with TB for their #5..who could we poss. draft at 5..since rb is out of the question most likely..? the qbs will be gone..braylon most likely..i think if mike williams falls to the bears they will take him..

If the WRs are gone we could go Rolle, although 5 might be a bit high for him. Or we could trade even further down to like mid round and try for Johnson or Rolle there, or Pac Man Jones, Troy Williamson, Mark Clayton etc etc

In that situation, I'd definitely say defense. Antrell Rolle or Shawne Merriman. In fact, I wouldn't be surprise if one of those two are Nick's target anyway.

northstar said:

I seriously doubt Saban will give up a #1 for SA...that is not the going price for RBs this year. But if he were to make some kind of trade for an established RB, then I think he may go QB or WR at #5, but having picked up an add'l pick from Tampa, he could easily go with Shawn Merriman or D. Johnson at #5 (both would be closer to their actual value at #5 vs. #2) and then go for one of the second tier QBs, like Campbell, Greene or Walters in the second...
It will all depend on a) trading down and acquiring at least a 2nd round pick this year, b) whether we acquire a pick for PS on day one of this year and c) who is left at #5...I mean, what if TB trades with us and doesn't go with Smith or Rodgers...at #5, either would be a good choice....

i guessed that we would pick d.johnson at 5..if that were to happen and then a qb in either the second or third round depending on surtain

Then we work on Minnesota for another trade down.. We Draft Troy Williamson from South Carolina who I think they have their eye on and force a trade for even more picks..

northstar said:
A. Rolle, Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, Derrick Johnson, or Trade back again,....

Back
Top Bottom