Questions About 2 Hot Players!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Questions About 2 Hot Players!!!

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
There's 2 weeks left till Draft day comes. Cedric Benson and Ronnie Brown are a lock for the number 2 pick by the Miami Dolphins. I have to say this cuz Miami is in desperate need of a running game. I understand it's good to take the BPA, but there is 2 most pressing needs on this team Rb and TAckles. Our qb needs a chance to prove himself. I really think we need a workhorse running back. I'm hearing things that Saban is really interested in Mac Truck Benson. I'm really sure that Cedric will be a dolphin. I think Ronnie will be a bear and saying that i think that Cedric wants to play for Miami so badly, it;s like he has someting to prove. I really doubt Saban will trade down unless it's with either Dallas, San Diego.

:cooldude: Thoughts on this post FInFAns

dominizzo said:
There's 2 weeks left till Draft day comes. Cedric Benson and Ronnie Brown are a lock for the number 2 pick by the Miami Dolphins. I have to say this cuz Miami is in desperate need of a running game. I understand it's good to take the BPA, but there is 2 most pressing needs on this team Rb and TAckles. Our qb needs a chance to prove himself. I really think we need a workhorse running back. I'm hearing things that Saban is really interested in Mac Truck Benson. I'm really sure that Cedric will be a dolphin. I think Ronnie will be a bear and saying that i think that Cedric wants to play for Miami so badly, it;s like he has someting to prove. I really doubt Saban will trade down unless it's with either Dallas, San Diego.

:cooldude: Thoughts on this post FInFAns

So Brown and Benson are a lock huh? Well then why have the draft? Thanks for the info! :D Just thought id start out with that. I too agree that they will be great backs....just not for the Dolphins. I personally think QB is a more pressing need and we should take the Smith/Rodgers leftover.

Who is to say Saban isnt eyeing Caddy??? Why do you feel Caddy isnt up there with Benson or Brown?

The title is a little misleading. I thought this was going to be another marcos post. :lol:

SO since he doesnt impress YOU, he cant be drafted by the Phins. You did say Brown/Benson were a lock to be pcik at #2.

The chance we draft a RB seems to be low actually...

Linnehan likes to throw the ball to his running backs, and I heard somewhere (sorry, but I honestly can not rememeber where) that ROnnie Brown had the best hands in the draft period. It might have been on talk radio down here in miami. I think ROnnie is the pick, we need a back bad, and he is a heck of a player.

beejay05 said:
Linnehan likes to throw the ball to his running backs, and I heard somewhere (sorry, but I honestly can not rememeber where) that ROnnie Brown had the best hands in the draft period. It might have been on talk radio down here in miami. I think ROnnie is the pick, we need a back bad, and he is a heck of a player.

A number of notable scouts as well as NFL.com's Gil Brandt and Vic Carucci have both said he has the best hands in the draft including those of WR's and TE's. I think that's a huge plus and I think it would work great for us if our line flops like last season leaving Feeley to throw immediately.

I don't think you can say anything about our pick is a lock right now. And if it is a RB, I wouldnt even bet alot on it being Benson or Brown. Caddy might have the highest potential of all three and would be a great combo with Gordon. I think he would actually be the best fit.

bro - you should change the title of your thread - i thought it was going to be another marcos thread!

poor marcos... he was a disturbed kid. Wonder how he and JT are getting on??

Read between the lines of best available player

There is a reason BAP is being spouted about. Saban is savy to a draft philosophy and he is aware there are a number of good backs later in the draft. Other positions are not as deep and impact players will not be around later. Ronnie Brown jumped to the top based more on workout than performance, but he was good. Benson and Williams were more game time performers, but have to fit into particular systems. Study Linehan's offense and find out how important RB is. Some media groups are still judging Miami's needs based on the old offense. Saban is systematic in what he is looking for and I do not think he will draft on need quite like Wanny did. Fletcher and Moore are two examples of the flaw in that line of thinking.

Lee2000

Isn't it possible that Saban could get a good back in the later rounds??? If BPA is a WR, or QB then wouldn't it be cool to take them, and maybe still get a really good back later on in a draft that's loaded with talented RB's this year?

HysterikiLL said:
A number of notable scouts as well as NFL.com's Gil Brandt and Vic Carucci have both said he has the best hands in the draft including those of WR's and TE's. I think that's a huge plus and I think it would work great for us if our line flops like last season leaving Feeley to throw immediately.

Auburn's coaches have stated that Brown was the best receiver on last year's team. So that skill fits well into Linehan's offense. This is why most of the draftniks have us taking Brown over Benson. Caddy, while I think will be a pretty good pro RB too, is just a step below Benson and Brown in the eyes of the draftniks. He seems to be a little injury prone to me and I wonder if he can take the full NFL season, but that his just my personal speculation. Brown and Benson do not worry me in that way. I think Brown would be great fit for our team. Benson would be a good fit if NT were still running the offense. Also, I think Benson fits much better into the Chi offense than Brown or Caddy do.

I still think that if a decent offer is made, Saban will trade down for more picks. He wants to add some defensive players that more fit his style of D ( a hard hitting safety, a big, fat, run-stuffing DT, an athletic big OLB). But with only 2 picks on day one, he would be stifled in getting any of these types of players, given our other needs.

Back
Top Bottom