Questions about Marty Booker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Questions about Marty Booker

raving

Active Roster
Reaction score
During one of the Dolphins national televised games last season an anouncer reported that a former Dolphin great Bomhauer or Keuchenberg was really angry about the Marty Booker pick up because that player thought that Booker was winey, sulker, unwilling to really stick himself out there on the playing field. I do not know which player reportedly said these, nor the particulars, nor do I know why this person said it but some help on the matter would be nice. Thanks.

I guess most importantly - what if anything do fans out there know that would either corraborate or refute the notion that Booker is somehow less then really tough both physically and mentally.

He was upset he never got to see his kids and admitted to feeling betrayed by Chicago.

I have to agree with him in the sense that football can be a heartless sport. We forget that you could show up to work one day and have someone tell you, "Hey, you work 1200 miles away now, better check real estate websites."

Do you know which former player said what? I think it is plenty OK for a player to complain about being traded in such an arbitrary and unexpected way - is that what was being commented upon by the former player? Is there any history of him not being a warrior? I do not hold what you are saying in your response as any reason to down Booker in any way. He had every right to complain in a big way about this matter in his career.

raving said:
Do you know which former player said what? I think it is plenty OK for a player to complain about being traded in such an arbitrary and unexpected way - is that what was being commented upon by the former player? Is there any history of him not being a warrior? I do not hold what you are saying in your response as any reason to down Booker in any way. He had every right to complain in a big way about this matter in his career.

He cried, too, which is faux pas.

He's allowed to cry -I especially would like to see him crying while holding the Lombardi Trophy with the rest of his Dolphin teammates one of the Jan or Feb nights in the not too distant future!

I remember him rumbling down the field last year with DBs draped all over him. He was whiney about the trade but certainly does not seem to have any fear of contact.

Booker is a great player and did very well for being the completely unheralded and underused #2. I can't blame the guy for crying after coming to a struggling Miami team AND not being able to see his kids. I think that's an acceptable reason.

When he was thrown to - really only the first New England game - he got it done. I don't know what the point of all the Edwards talk was since Booker is a very good #2. The guy has oustanding hands and with proper offensive direction we can have a devastating 1-2 WR combination.

i think hes a great possesion reciever and is a perfect compliment to chambers...

If you had to leave your family, move 1200 miles away, and play football for Dave Wannstedt.............

..........You'd be crying too.

I met him last year in the elevator of my hotel, and he sure didn't want to talk to me, and denied a request for an autograph. So I am not a big fan personally, but he is a pretty good #2 WR.

I don't think there's any reason taht he'd be angry with the Phins organization. He's irate with the whole Chicago organization and with good reason. His whole family was adjusted in Chicago, and he signed a long contract their and I believe it was reported he would've been happy spending the rest of his career in Chicago. He had a good reputation, was their #1 offensive threat, a Pro Bowl WR, he wasn't selfish, and he just felt betrayed that they just dealt him away like that after he's been so loyal. But it's business, and he knows that.. But he just feels like it was a personal betrayal that Chicago would do that and in my opinion he has a every right to feel that he's been betrayed because I probably would too. It's obviously been a hard adjustment here in Miami from the stories we all heard, but hopefully it's getting better and won't be a problem. And before you know Miami could be like his second home.

I think he'll have a huge year this season. He'll be focused from day 1 instead of worrying about the Bears betraying him. No distractions this year. Look for him to double his numbers from last season.

Bookers play really picked up towards the end of the season once he had learnt the "system" (alledgedly we had one!?) and feely started getting him the ball

inFINSible said:
If you had to leave your family, move 1200 miles away, and play football for Dave Wannstedt.............

..........You'd be crying too.

Hey I didn't say I condemned it, I totally agree with you. I'm just saying it's seen as faux pas and that's why he got flak for it.

infiltrateib said:
Hey I didn't say I condemned it, I totally agree with you. I'm just saying it's seen as faux pas and that's why he got flak for it.
I was making a funny. :D

I should have been more clear....sorry.

Back
Top Bottom