Questions about next years salary/roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Questions about next years salary/roster

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
I'm a novice at the "cap thing" but I still like to look. :D

These are the players and cap savings that I saw that really are not worth the money for next year along with some reasoning behind it. Could someone straighten me out where I am wrong.

Players and cap savings

Fiedler 5 million
Griese 6 million

If there is not a better suited West Coast style QB available Fiedler must stay. :hitself:

Ruddy 1.4 mil

1.4 is alot of money for a backup.

Mcknight 1.4
Thompson .825

Take your pick. One if not both should be gone.

D. Bowens 1.5

Actually I see him stepping in for Ogun.

T. Bowens 3.45

He's good but not that good. Compare to Chester making 1.5 million.

Madison 5.2 million

I'll get shot for this one.

Did I not read an article that said Jamar Fletcher was better suited and actually came from a zone defense? I believe we are headed in a zone direction under another regime. We're stuck with Fletch for another year. Why not give it a shot?

Madison has some massive trade value although trades are not the norm.

Altogether thats a 22.8 million dollar savings. I don't think much of this will happen but does it look that bad to free up that much cap space in 04?

You are not taking into account how much of that 22.8 we are responsible for.

I know that cutting T. Bowens is suicide, and Madisons Cap number makes it impossible for him to be traded.

We have to restructure alot of those guys.

As for the WR's you posted, they are really cheap players (the average salary of WR's is around what we are paying them) They are not worth cutting. Thompson has value, (around a 5th round pick) McKnight could be cut, but why would you? One more year of McKnight and you free up his whole cap number, plus he makes plays.

I agree with everything else you posted.

Originally posted by Section126
You are not taking into account how much of that 22.8 we are responsible for.

I did (I think). I used the finforum resource and only posted the cap savings after a june 1 cut. I used the "net savings" for the numbers I posted.

Hang in there guys. We got big cap stuff coming very soon. ;)

Originally posted by Muck
Hang in there guys. We got big cap stuff coming very soon. ;)

Hope its those extra large caps, we could use um!

BB

kudos to living up to your end of the bet Clump... what did the other guy have to do if he lost? :)

Back
Top Bottom