Questions about the game and Rules on spot of the ball | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Questions about the game and Rules on spot of the ball

warren4prez

Active Roster
Reaction score
1. We all knew it was going to be a tough game, I felt the phins still had a chance after half but it seemed like they just mentally checked out.

2. But I'm just confused about a couple spot calls for phins during the Falcons and Saints game runner down based on where his knee touches ground, Last night Watson scored a TD where you can clearly see he knee is down at 2 yard line and stretches out for the TD why was this called a TD not down spot of his knee?

Same question here...It seems that its up to the Refs if the guy is down by contact or not.
They could have easily gave us the 1st down on that measurement also but when you run a sweep when you need 1/2" I guess you didnt deserve the spot anyway.

Same question here...It seems that its up to the Refs if the guy is down by contact or not.
They could have easily gave us the 1st down on that measurement also but when you run a sweep when you need 1/2" I guess you didnt deserve the spot anyway.

That is exactly my point!!

The rule is that the spot is where the BALL is when the knee touches. Not the spot of the knee. When Watson's knee touched, the ball had already crossed the plane of the goal line (barely). I think it was pretty darn close, but there was nothing on the replay that showed incontrovertible proof of the obverse, so the TD call stood.

Back
Top Bottom