Questions now that Dave is gone... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Questions now that Dave is gone...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Who will be kicking for us now??
With Bates moving to HC, who will be the Def Coor??? or who will be calling the defensive plays??

After this season,....

Will Spielman remain GM???
Will Foerester remain OC???
Will Ricky come back and play for a new coach???

I guess these last 3 depend on how we play out the remaining games....

I think Spielman is toast. He may have a chance to remain in a scouting capacity but, his days as G.M. are over.

Foerster is a joke and proves it weekly. His playcalling does'nt have any rhyme or reason. I said in another thread...he'd be over matched against a 12 year old playing Madden 2005.

As far as Ricky is concerned...trade his a$$ to whomever will give us something for him...let him be someone else's headache.

Predaphin said:
With Bates moving to HC, who will be the Def Coor??? or who will be calling the defensive plays??

After this season,....

I think Bryant will be kicking again but Mare does have 2 weeks to recover so who knows. IMO Spielman and Foerster will both be gone at the end of the season. The Dolphins should start their new era with a fresh clean slate. Honestly nobody knows for sure if they'll be back or not and we probably won't know anything until after the season. As far as Ricky goes don't count on it. Letting him play would eliminate that "fresh start" this team needs so badly. You've got to remember that Wayne is suing him right now which also would point to him not returning.

Predaphin said:

After this season,....

I thought I read that we cut Gramatica, which means either Bryant or Mare. I would love to know who our DC is going to be now. Is it possible that we run without one the rest of the year w/Bates being the HC?

I don't know about Spielman. Knowing WH's penchant for NOT firing people, he may let Spielman ride through another draft (personally I think he should go).

I definitely think that we will have a different OC next year, and I don't think Ricky will ever play in our uniform again. He will be trad bate, I just hope we can recoup some of what we spent because there is no way any team gives us better than a 2nd rounder.

Predaphin said:

After this season,....

If Mare is healthy, he'll kick.
Bates will probably continue to call the defensive plays. Some head coaches do that.
The answer to all three of your last questions is "no". We're going to see a tremendous house-cleaning.

This has probably been asked in another thread, but what are the chances of Bates moving back to DC after this year? My guess is that he wouldn't come back. Anyone know anything else about this?

unifiedtheory said:
I think Spielman is toast. He may have a chance to remain in a scouting capacity but, his days as G.M. are over.

Foerster is a joke and proves it weekly. His playcalling does'nt have any rhyme or reason. I said in another thread...he'd be over matched against a 12 year old playing Madden 2005.

As far as Ricky is concerned...trade his a$$ to whomever will give us something for him...let him be someone else's headache.
I have been impressed with Foerster's play calling. But then again, I'd probably get my a$$ kicked by any 12 year old playing Madden.

I think that last week's early passing to Chambers, which was a great idea to get him in the game from the beggining, opened up the passing to Booker later in the game.

Whether that was planned or whether he adjusted as the defense changed their focus I don't know but, I thought it worked great.

I know he always seems to keep me guessing as to what's coming next.

Back
Top Bottom