Quick 1st Half Thoughts - Add Yours | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick 1st Half Thoughts - Add Yours

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This defense is incredible. J.T. is causing Pitts some fits (3 penalties). Seau is just causing all sorts of mischief. The biggest thing I am impressed with is the coverage we are getting on passing downs despite the front 4 really not getting much pressure. Jay Williams is playing ok with the extra time he's taking with Burnett out. Surtain is just a madman out there. Only downer on defense is the drop Madison had on an INT right in his hands.

Offense. Christ where do I start with this mess. Offensive line cannot pass protect. Thank god Jay can scramble. Norv man your a "genius" play caller......lets show it. Screw trying to find the deep ball. Donald Lee getting some play in there but he's going to end up in Wanny's doghouse with the facemask penalty. Royals shanks another. Man he's going to cost us a game this year I just know it.

As shown in the last drive before the half this offense is deadly when you give Ricky his carries as he always starts slow (strangely enough early on he got us into 3rd and 2 on his own and then we left him) and then work Konrad/McMicheal and Williams on short passes. Then it loosens things up in the secondary for those deeper passes. I don't think a defense can stop us if we stick to that.

Thompson/McKnight......where are you? Only guy looking great is Chambers who looks like he might break it out this season finally, going up against Pro Bowler Aaron Glenn and schooling him with some AMAZING catches.

Anyways as far as the offensive struggles are going I'm looking right at Norv. Toss the ball to Konrad/McMicheal/Williams and give Ricky his carries. Then worry about the long ball.

What the hell has happened to the O line? They have looked terrible all pre season and they still look terrible. Ricky looks like he's afraid to get hurt or maybe he is hurt and doesn't want to get hit. Thank god for Chambers or we could be losing this game.

Back
Top Bottom