Quick Question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick Question

Are you serious? ****ing Misi? That overrated piece of glass hasn't been here for a year and people are still yammering for him? This is the sign that let's me know that we haven't seen a good linebacker in a long time. Let us hope this changes soon.

Triggered much?

Koa played 84 games over 7 seasons with the Dolphins and despite the comments above, I understand that he was considered an excellent guy in the locker room who trained extremely hard (an outstanding trainer). However, on October 10, 2016, Misi was placed on injured reserve due to a neck injury and on July 25, 2017, the Dolphins placed Misi on injured reserve (again) with a neck injury. I am only speculating but the team may be seeking to optimize its long term injury settlement from a legal perspective. There is probably some requirement in his contract that we can't cut him while on injured reserve.

Koa played 84 games over 7 seasons with the Dolphins and despite the comments above, I understand that he was considered an excellent guy in the locker room who trained extremely hard (an outstanding trainer). However, on October 10, 2016, Misi was placed on injured reserve due to a neck injury and on July 25, 2017, the Dolphins placed Misi on injured reserve (again) with a neck injury. I am only speculating but the team may be seeking to optimize its long term injury settlement from a legal perspective. There is probably some requirement in his contract that we can't cut him while on injured reserve.

It seems he was a quality "dude. No one IMO disputes that. And he was a "serviceable" player on the field but no one is ever going to confuse him with a legit difference maker.Coming out of college the expectations were he was a certified terrorist who could break a few opponent bones and physically outclass some dudes -- I never really saw THAT as a pro. So of course his ceiling was lower than anticipated and he basically (functionally) created a classic "average at best" pro career.

For me -- I have zero to say about the dude personally because I am sure he's a quality person with well above average athletic chops -- but his "game" was never anything extraordinary at the pro level. Problem is -- we've had way too many "average" players...

BNF.

Back
Top Bottom