Quick-strike approach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick-strike approach

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Quick-strike approach By Joe Schad, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Huizenga was on to something when he said: "I want to be aggressive from one second into the game and all the way through the game. I want to get all of our points in the first and second quarters and coast from that point. And Dave knows exactly how I feel."

The Dolphins have been working extensively on play-action fakes they've seen Indianapolis and Philadelphia execute. And they've been working on more downfield passing plays.

dolphan39 said:
"When you start fast, you indicate how the game is going to go," Chambers said. "Last year, we stayed to our game plan the whole time. We were down 14 points to Tennessee and we were still running and running. Let's get out of the gates on teams this year. Last year we came out against Dallas throwing. We came out throwing against the Jets. A couple of years ago we did it to Oakland. Let's come out attacking and get the thing going early."
I like that quote from the story - Chambers knows all too well about this offense. With Boston, Chambers, McMichael and who knows third WR, not to mention Mr. Feeley, we should really try to balance out some more passing. I'm not saying go in the opposite end of run-oriented, but let's try and stuff more passes into the gameplan. Plus, big plays are fun to cheer for, and of course its fun to see them on Sportscenters Top 10. :D

As for play action...I think it's going to work wonderful for us this year.

Another one. Thanks again for posting something we all have easy access to. You did your duty!

An honest question from the enemy: If Fiedler rather than Feeley ends up starting for Miami, how are play action fakes going to benefit the offence? The purpose of the play action fake is to freeze DBs for a split second so WRs can get by them for the deep ball. Isn't Fiedler's well known weakness his lack of arm strength to get the ball deep? If Feeley wins out, I can see where Huizenga's comments make sense. Otherwise, I think he puts Wannstedt in a very difficult position, pressuring him to do something that may not necessarily be that effective.

Tiger I totally agree with you man...
But having watched Fiedler almost every game for the last 4 years, I can tell you there's at least one thing he does decently and that's rollouts...
So I guess the play-action could end up in either a QB scramble by Fiedler or a 10 to 15 yard completion down the sidelines...

Also the play-action, won't be successful no matter what if our O-Line can't block and Ricky can't find room to run...

Back
Top Bottom