Quick Thoughts On The Win. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick Thoughts On The Win.

What talent? Do you actually look at the talent on good teams and compare the two? Teams that have QB, OL, WRs, DL...

My favorite is when they pretend they’re good enough to be like a good team and try to save time on the clock before the half to get the ball back then let Buf march down the field effortlessly.

Buffalo squandered that too. It was Adam gase level clock management. They had 5 seconds and 1 timeout. Kick would have been 58 yards. They burned the time out pre snap with clock stopped then threw hail mary LOL. The play is quick run or quick pass try to get 3-6 yards and stop clock. Then kick. A 55 yard FG should be made more often than not. Some boneheaded coaching decisions in this league.

Hey, I'll take the win and a shot at making the playoffs.
Will we get there? Probably not.
But it would be something if we could get to 10-6 with this team. Anything can happen at the dance...…….if you get there.
I really wish I could be as optimistic as you. I used to be. But the last 20 years has beat the optimism right out of me.

Hey, I'll take the win and a shot at making the playoffs.
Will we get there? Probably not.
But it would be something if we could get to 10-6 with this team. Anything can happen at the dance...…….if you get there.

Not a chance in hell Miami finishes 10-6. Zero.

This is no surprise. Under Philbin they had Thomas and Turner, who were the two worst rated Guards in the league for the 2015 season. Exit Philbin and enter Gase, and Tannenbaum still had those two guys on the roster. Gase started them for the first four games of the 2016 season before they were finally cut. I wonder why it took him so long to realize that they were no good?

I guess that during an entire off-season, draft, and Free Agency period there were NO better Guards to take their place on the roster. And now, Tannenbaum strikes again with the worst Guard in the league. (At least he's consistent!) Out of two coaching staffs and a Front Office there is no one who can be trusted to build a competent o-line (including back-ups).

Why I dislike Tbum and how both coaches were set up for failure. At least Gase seems to have more control. Just need to stop signing aging vets as core pieces and get young players on long term contracts.

Buffalo squandered that too. It was Adam gase level clock management. They had 5 seconds and 1 timeout. Kick would have been 58 yards. They burned the time out pre snap with clock stopped then threw hail mary LOL. The play is quick run or quick pass try to get 3-6 yards and stop clock. Then kick. A 55 yard FG should be made more often than not. Some boneheaded coaching decisions in this league.

Bad teams squander away opportunities when given to them. Mediocre teams at least try to create opportunities. I liked where Gase’s Head was at. They just lack the talent to execute like a great team would have.

More 8-4 talk. Meanwhile after this game our YPPA Differential will likely be second worst in the league, ahead of only Oakland.

I don't think it is fully acknowledged how fortunate we are at 6-6

While you're checking on these stats that show how bad of a team we are, how about you check on these:

Turnover Differential: Miami Dolphins are 5th in the NFL.

Special teams / Defensive TDs: Miami Dolphins are 7th in the NFL.

But you guys are completely right those stats have nothing to do with being a good team the only thing that matters are the stats that fit the agenda!

Does it matter that our defense forces more turnovers than ANYONE except Chicago or that our special teams is one of the best units in the league?

Nope, only stats that matter are the ones that show us as "lucky" 6-6 team who havent had their starting QB half the year and more starters on IR than anyone except Falcons. (Who are what 4-7 after being in SB 2 yr ago?)

While you're checking on these stats that show how bad of a team we are, how about you check on these:

But you guys are completely right those stats have nothing to do with being a good team the only thing that matters are the stats that fit the agenda!
Lol, I don't think anyone has a problem with RiZzis third phase. It's the other two that have issues.

Here's a few more stats:

Offense: 4th from last
Passing: 5th from last
Rushing: 10th from last

Defense: 4th from last
Passing: 11th from last
Rushing: 3rd from last

How's that for an agenda? Take the blinders off.

You’re one of those types who likes to manage to the exception.

They're neither bad nor great; 8-8 is mediocre in the NFL. Best of the worst teams or the worst of the best teams depending on your outlook. But they’re too Inconsistent, they have some young playmakers, but overall depth lacking. Compare their WRs, DL, OL, LBs, and QB to the teams heading for the playoffs and Miami is worse. Look at total offense and defense statistics before finding the exceptions to make your point. They’re just not that good and their points and yards paint the real story.

Does it matter that our defense forces more turnovers than ANYONE except Chicago or that our special teams is one of the best units in the league?

Nope, only stats that matter are the ones that show us as "lucky" 6-6 team who havent had their starting QB half the year and more starters on IR than anyone except Falcons. (Who are what 4-7 after being in SB 2 yr ago?)

Falcons lost one of the best o coordinators in the league.

Yeah if not for Rizzi's (top level play) and Burke's (turnovers)units, this is probably a 2 win team.

Here's another grand stat- Dolphins offensive scoring is 26th in the league with 18.6.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-points-per-game

Not a chance in hell Miami finishes 10-6. Zero.

Hell no we don’t. The Patriots are going to make sure they win this week, especially after all the talk last season that Miami owns them in South Florida after Zombie Jay Cutler beat them.

Also, I just don’t see how we go into Minnesota and win.

After taking back to back sacks from an empty formation after the QB ran it all the way down the field. There was enough :bobdole: on either side to go around. It’s like every coach in the AFC east not on the Patriots is in over their head.

7-9 and watching the player we need go a few spots ahead of us here we come. :woot:

Back
Top Bottom