Quickest way to ruin this team. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quickest way to ruin this team.

Cheapshotz said:
There's years when the QB crop warrant's a top 5 pick. This year ain't one of them brotha.

Well you go on thinking that and I will disagree. I still think we should take Ronnie Brown but if we take Smith, I will be happy having a QB for many years to watch!!

beejay05 said:
From what I heard he had a stellar workout, good 40 time, solid wonderlic score, undefeated college season. 32 TD's 4 ints , 10 rushing tds and almost 70% completion % his senior year. the question is what else could he possibly do?

Run a pro-style offense, which he has not done yet.

cheapshotz you shouldnt even try its not worth it. whenever you have an opinion thats against todays biggest most popular qb and some one saban likes youll get shot down.

Cheapshotz said:
There's years when the QB crop warrant's a top 5 pick. This year ain't one of them brotha.

I would like to see why you are so down on this draft. I consider there to be 6 perhaps 7 top flight players in this draft.

Cheapshotz said:
What has de done to make himself a top 5 pick?

you know, I have no idea.....could it be going 21-1 as a starter, having a ridiculous TD to INT ratio, or the fact that he led Utah to an undefeated season in which he romped the Panthers in the Fiesta Bowl?

lilcubanphinfan said:
cheapshotz you shouldnt even try its not worth it. whenever you have an opinion thats against todays biggest most popular qb and some one saban likes youll get shot down.

and you love to stir up trouble. It is his right to believe Smith will be a bust but should have reasoning to back it up. Like a weak college career, a hunch back, a fake leg, he is really a woman...something??

lilcubanphinfan said:

yeah, instead, little kids like you call people a-holes, c*cks, and b*tches...sorry, cant find the thread, because it was deleted by the mods

Its true that if Smith is a bust it would be very damaging, but if he lives up to his potential he could help greatly to turn this franchise around and give us a great player at the most important position on the feild. Also you can't totally blame the Browns demise on the Couch pick. They just drafted poorly year after year. Courtney Brown was a #1 overall pick as well, but you don't hear anyone saying if we pick Merriman we could end up like the Browns.

He had one good year playing weak competition even in his BOWL GAME he played a scrub team. He also played in Urban Meyers wacky offensive system that totally confused the scrub coaches at that level of competition.

When a guy who runs a 4.75 40 looks like an all-pro running back you know his competition freaking sucks.

Cheapshotz said:
Is wasting the #2 pick on Alex Smith. Just ask the Cleveland Browns how hard is to recover from a wasted pick on a scrub QB.

If we pick Smith at #2 we'll have many more picks in the top 5 for the next few years.

Ask the Colts or the Eagles how much a franchise qb can help you though. There are busts every year and at every position. We pretty much have no choice but to hope that Saban and the Dolphins scouts do a good job of evaluating talent and pick who they see as the best player for our team. If they pick Smith I have no problem with it. I'd rather see Ronnie Brown join our team but it would be kind of exciting to get a QB at #2 also.

Cheapshotz said:
He had one good year playing weak competition even in his BOWL GAME he played a scrub team. He also played in Urban Meyers wacky offensive system that totally confused the scrub coaches at that level of competition.

When a guy who runs a 4.75 40 looks like an all-pro running back you know his competition freaking sucks.

I see 2 pretty darn good years here:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=134662

And Big Ben played what competition in college?? And Culpepper? and Pennington??

Cheapshotz said:
Is wasting the #2 pick on Alex Smith. Just ask the Cleveland Browns how hard is to recover from a wasted pick on a scrub QB.

If we pick Smith at #2 we'll have many more picks in the top 5 for the next few years.

Ok dude go away....we havent had a 1st round pick produce in YEARS....Tim Bowens was our last good first rounder.....so don't bring that **** in here....

Mod Note: After the previous warning, this post earns you 24 off. You won't be deciding who can post... you won't be deciding who can stay... and you won't be personally insulting other members here. Period.

I skimmed thru your posts. Those that violated the house rules were rendered pink to soften your rude attitude. You need to clean up your act with this stuff. Observe what I said above, and you'll have a fresh start.

P4E

Cheapshotz said:

Ben R. played against lesser opponents. Did you realize that his teamates blocking running and catching for him arent exactly heismen candidates. He also had lesser teamates, its not like they are the canes or seminole playing an all MAC schedule. He has equal talent on his team and made them all better. I think they call that a LEADER. Which is what they called Ben R coming out last year. Hey ill take 15-1.

While not totally agreeing with the original poster I do think this year above many other years is a far more risky time to be picking up a QB at the top of the draft. Too many QB busts out there just because teams are QB needy. I'd rather get one in the 2nd if we get a good deal for Surtain or use our 3rd rounder.

LOL you guys are comparing Alex Smith to those guys???

Every guy you mentioned is freaking huge and has a cannon for an arm. Qualities Smith does not possess.

Back
Top Bottom