Quirky Arenas calls himself 'Chapelle of NBA' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quirky Arenas calls himself 'Chapelle of NBA'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
During halftime of Washington Wizards games, Gilbert Arenas sits at his locker and plays online poker.

Seriously.

might be the quirkiest of all the quirks associated with the affable, creative, nonstop, 24-year-old point guard, a player so mercurial that his coach coined a term - "Gilbertology" - to describe the whole package.

"I just have a different way of approaching things," Arenas said as he relaxed in the Wizards players' lounge for an interview with The Associated Press. "I'm a little offbeat. I think of myself as the Dave Chappelle of the NBA, that nobody knows about. Like, at halftime, while everybody's getting ready, I'm playing poker online. It's just a mental challenge, to keep my mind going."
So, while his teammates are resting, relaxing or focusing on second-half strategy, Arenas' thumbs are in constant motion. Antonio Daniels, who sits two lockers down from Arenas, hardly knew what to think the first time he saw it.
"I just laughed," Daniels said. "Actually, I told him, 'I would expect you to do that.' It's kind of weird, but you let guys do what they do to be successful."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5512392

Back
Top Bottom