Quote from Saban, what the h@ll does it mean? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quote from Saban, what the h@ll does it mean?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"This is the view from the log on the side of the hill looking down on the valley"

What in the h@ll does that mean?

BALLS DEEP said:
"This is the view from the log on the side of the hill looking down on the valley"

It means he can stay on top or roll all the way to the bottom!

I guess he thought he was still at LSU!

Maybe he meant sitting down as a spectator watching the action going on. Basically watching the RW situation transpire as a bystander. No really telling.

Or maybe that's his way of telling everyone they won't see training camp!!

BALLS DEEP said:

Maybe he dropped acid and thats his version of "yellow submarine"

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3794

"I’m not here to make specific statements about players. First of all, let me say this, and maybe I shouldn’t say this. Part of the reason that everybody was so let down about Ricky Williams was that the guy was a pretty good guy around here for a couple of years. He was a very well-liked sports figure for a couple of years around here and did some very nice things in the community. Now, if he was a bad guy all the time, everybody wouldn’t have been so shocked and upset about some of the things that occurred. I wasn’t here for it all. This is the view from the log on the side of the hill looking down on the valley, because I wasn’t here. I don’t have an opinion that this guy was a really, really bad guy all the time he was here. He was a really good guy, and he made a positive impact on a lot of things while he was here. It didn’t end up very well. I don’t think that anyone’s association with Ricky Williams is negative to me."

It means he is looking at things from a distance. Meaning he could be wrong or he could be right with his opinion of Ricky.

It figures Saban would have to talk about a magic log when talking about Ricky.

Sounds like a common sense West Virginiaism.

Basically, he saying that he wasn't in a good position to see what happened with Ricky to make a clear judgement. Ricky appeared to be a positive and productive part of the team and that is why there was such disappointment. But, it is difficult to see what is inside someone at such a disavantaged view.

It means that that view from the outside (Log on hill) looking in does'nt seem as bad as if you were part of the (Valley) Team. Basically, Ricky did'nt do anything to him so he would be willing to give him a chance.

Back
Top Bottom