Radical Ideas......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Radical Ideas.........

Does anyone here ever think about the future?? How about remembering the fact that this team hasn't made the post-season in 6 years??...

Regardless of how great Taylor / Thomas are, the results in Miami have remained the same year after year. When it all comes down to it, we're still not good enough to contend with the top teams in the league....

Both sides of the ball need to be rebuilt, and if trading off a couple of old veterans like Taylor / Thomas can produce us some quality draft picks, it's time to seriously consider doing it before they lose their current worth. In another year or two, who knows if they'll have anything left?? If it's going to be done, this is the year it needs to happen....

I say trade them while we can. Saban needs to stockpile as many draft picks as he can get from here on out. Let the rebuilding process begin!!!....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Does anyone here ever think about the future?? How about remembering the fact that this team hasn't made the post-season in 6 years??...

Regardless of how great Taylor / Thomas are, the results in Miami have remained the same year after year. When it all comes down to it, we're still not good enough to contend with the top teams in the league....

Both sides of the ball need to be rebuilt, and if trading off a couple of old veterans like Taylor / Thomas can produce us some quality draft picks, it's time to seriously consider doing it before they lose their current worth. In another year or two, who knows if they'll have anything left?? If it's going to be done, this is the year it needs to happen....

I say trade them while we can. Saban needs to stockpile as many draft picks as he can get from here on out. Let the rebuilding process begin!!!....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Leave it alone dude. Seems that the majority of the fans are content with mediocracy. It's either that or they actually think we are one or two players away from a championship... again... for the 30-somewhat freagin season... just a few guys... just two or three... maybe four... can we aquire Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and Ironman? Gotta make atleast a wildcard with those guys.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Last year I would have traded Taylor....not so sure he would be trade bait now....because of age.....and what teams would trade a first round pick for him....perhaps one that figures they are one or two players away from being a potential playoff team....perhaps K.C. or Denver.

And even IF we could trade him for a first rounder....I wonder IF Saban would get a real player that would make the team better now....and not have to sit on the bench for half the next season....or just be another dud of a pick.

Taylor will retire as a Dolphin, but I liked #2.

Chambers has to go. I am SOOOOOOO tired of his routine.

McMichael needs to have his contract restructered.

fishypete said:
Last year I would have traded Taylor....not so sure he would be trade bait now....because of age.....and what teams would trade a first round pick for him....perhaps one that figures they are one or two players away from being a potential playoff team....perhaps K.C. or Denver.

And even IF we could trade him for a first rounder....I wonder IF Saban would get a real player that would make the team better now....and not have to sit on the bench for half the next season....or just be another dud of a pick.

Bro, a team just one or two games removed from a super bowl would give two right testicles for Jason Taylor. He's no spring chicken but it almost seems like he's getting better with age. Jason has 2 more years like this one left in him. Someone would be willing to pay big. Remove all doubt from your head, someone would break bank.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Reading through the thread, I thought about how I would feel if someone asked me about trading Dale Murphy before the Braves did it. I'd scream at the top of my lungs - hell no!!! Then I thought about how the Braves were afterwards (14 straight division titles), and began to second guess myself. The problem with comparing that situation to a possible trade of JT is this though - the Braves got nothing worthwile for Dale Murphy, and in between a management change and having some great players fall into their lap the trade didn't make a difference one way or the other. There's no salary cap in baseball, and the core of those teams kept returning year after year. There is a lot of dead weight on this team for sure, but trading JT would just end up alienating the fans, dismantle the heart of our defense (in an area that doesn't need much work at that!), and all for what? Draft picks and the possibility of picking up some other players in a need area who can come in and make the immediate impact they'd need to make?

I could understand trading Chambers and/or McMike (honestly, what has McMike done that Peele couldn't?) and using picks for them, but to trade away the best player on our defense (which is the *only* bright spot on this team) would hurt us more in the end.

BLITZKRIEG said:

So your solution is to make sure we don't make the playoffs for 12 years?

We were good enough to destroy the Bears in Chicago, beat up KC, and shut out the Pats. We were pretty bad at being consistent.

Yeah..it is time we rebuild the #2 ranked defense. To be honest..that is where I should have stopped reading this thread.

Yeah..ahhhh..draft picks. We all know that in Madden you get automatic 65 ovr guys in the first round...let's get 4 of them. Problem solved.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

This is why I stopped coming into general.

emocomputerjock said:
to trade away the best player on our defense (which is the *only* bright spot on this team) would hurt us more in the end.

Nobody knows that. With the draft picks we'd receive in return, we could end up with two Taylors for all we know. The NFL drafts are full of future Pro Bowl talent, and we need to start thinking about drafting some of them for the future sake of this franchise....

I don't think keeping Taylor / Thomas around another two years is going to get us any further than we are today. I think we'd be better off using them to our advantage, and stockpiling picks. That's just my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Nobody knows that. With the draft picks we'd receive in return, we could end up with two Taylors for all we know. The NFL drafts are full of future Pro Bowl talent, and we need to start thinking about drafting some of them for the future sake of this franchise....

I don't think keeping Taylor / Thomas around another two years is going to get us any further than we are today. I think we'd be better off using them to our advantage, and stockpiling picks. That's just my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Nfl Drafts have at least 210 players taken....maybe 3 or 4 of each draft become pro bowlers. Then you have another 3 or 4 that become pro bowlers down the road. That is not a good average.

So your solution is to make sure we don't make the playoffs for 12 years?

Where did I ever say that?? Is comprehension of reading a problem for you??....

We were good enough to destroy the Bears in Chicago, beat up KC, and shut out the Pats. We were pretty bad at being consistent.

Today, sitting at 6-8, that's not good / consistant enough. Those early season meltdowns ruined our chances this year, and it took about half a season before the defense even showed up in my opinion. Bottom line : They still have their good / bad games, just like they always have.....

Yeah..it is time we rebuild the #2 ranked defense. To be honest..that is where I should have stopped reading this thread.

It's because you're too close minded, and think trading away two of our standout players will ruin our chances going into "next year". Well let me ask you this, what happens when next year comes and goes, and we're still sitting at home come the playoffs??....

Then what?? They both retire, and we get nothing on return, that's what....

Yeah..ahhhh..draft picks. We all know that in Madden you get automatic 65 ovr guys in the first round...let's get 4 of them. Problem solved.

Draft picks are the future foundation of every team in the NFL. Without them, you have nothing to build with. I don't play Madden.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Where did I ever say that?? Is comprehension of reading a problem for you??....

You want to weaken the team..thus..that is why I said that. My reading comprehension is fine.

Today, sitting at 6-8, that's not good / consistant enough. Those early season meltdowns ruined our chances this year, and it took about half a season before the defense even showed up in my opinion. Bottom line : They still have their good / bad games, just like they always have.....

You just repeated what I said. Those early season meltdowns occured on the offensive side of the ball for the most part. In fact..TRY to blame our defense for the Buffalo loss early, and the texans loss as well. When you give up 17 points or less...the defense did it's job.

It's because you're too close minded, and think trading away two of our standout players will ruin our chances going into "next year". Well let me ask you this, what happens when next year comes and goes, and we're still sitting at home come the playoffs??....

I am not being close minded. I am being realistic. When you trade away two guys that make a unit a top unit in the nfl and the only reason we win games it does ruin orur chances going into next year. That's like the Colts trading Peyton to improve their defense.

Then what?? They both retire, and we get nothing on return, that's what....

Everybody retires. Getting 3 more years of production from each is better than taking a gamble in the draft. And WHO says that we would get anything spectacular anyway for them?

Draft picks are the future foundation of every team in the NFL. Without them, you have nothing to build with. I don't play Madden.....

Exactly...that is why we drafted guys like Taylor and Thomas...those draft picks are still paying off. let's do that again. We have picks to do it with...neither guy was a 1st round pick.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

They don't. The Pats do for now.

You want to weaken the team..thus..that is why I said that. My reading comprehension is fine.

We may be weakened by the loss of Taylor / Thomas, but only for the sole purpose of bringing in younger / cheaper talent. Who's to say those guys can never be replaced??...

I can't stand the fans here who live under the assumption that any one player is irreplacable. That's total nonsense in my opinion.....

Those early season meltdowns occured on the offensive side of the ball for the most part. In fact..TRY to blame our defense for the Buffalo loss early, and the texans loss as well. When you give up 17 points or less...the defense did it's job.

Our defense was not playing this well to start the season. That's the point I'm trying to make. I'm not saying the offense doesn't deserve the majority of the blame here because it does, but the defense did have a few stinkers along the way as well. Inconsistancy at the start, and now it's too little too late....

I am not being close minded. I am being realistic. When you trade away two guys that make a unit a top unit in the nfl and the only reason we win games it does ruin orur chances going into next year. That's like the Colts trading Peyton to improve their defense.

Taylor / Thomas are not the only reason our defense is ranked among the NFL's top units this year. The secondary has improved significantly since the season started, and I think that has a major part to play in all of this. Not to mention some of the play up front from Holliday / Traylor / Roth / and Carter has been great this year. Bottom line : This is a team defense, no one player is responsible for the overall level of play. They are all equally responsible as a unit....

Everybody retires. Getting 3 more years of production from each is better than taking a gamble in the draft. And WHO says that we would get anything spectacular anyway for them?

Letting them just whither away year after year, and then getting nothing in return, has more downside to it than any other senario. That is unless you think we'll win the Super Bowl in-between now and 2009....

As for the WHO says, nobody really does. But in another two years, if we don't trade them, it wont even be a question anymore, it will be a big fat zero instead. Is that what everyone wants?? I don't, I want some compensation....

Exactly...that is why we drafted guys like Taylor and Thomas...those draft picks are still paying off. let's do that again. We have picks to do it with...neither guy was a 1st round pick.

In order to "do it again", we must first stockpile as many picks as possible. We need to have a year where we have about a dozen picks to use at our disposal. Moving up, moving down, and just being able to use the draft to our advantage. Picks help create that possibility. We need picks....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
We may be weakened by the loss of Taylor / Thomas, but only for the sole purpose of bringing in younger / cheaper talent. Who's to say those guys can never be replaced??...

Both happen to be HALL OF FAME CALIBER players. Uhh...I think that is kinda hard to replace. How is replacing Marino going for us so far? How is replacing Elway going for Denver? (Cutler might be it..after 7 years)

Back
Top Bottom