Radical Ideas......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Radical Ideas.........

miamifire

Scout Team
Reaction score
Well, now that we are officially out of the playoffs, we can turn our focus to the offseason. I am going to play devil's advocate here and suggest some controversial ideas on how to attack the offseason. 1. Trade Jason Taylor for a 1st rounder. I love JT but his value will never be higher (especially if he is def. player of the year.) I would only trade him for a no. 1 (the Colts?). It we don't get a one, they don't get a bookend to team with Dwight Freeney.
2. Trade Chris Chambers for a 2. I would like a 1 but don't think we can get it. A team like Atlanta would love Chambers and as much as I like he he drops too many passes and is a bit overrated.
3. Sign a LT. I have heard Steinbach's name mentioned here. Position begs for an upgrade.
4. Draft a WR, LB and TE. Randy Mcmichael is overrated, and drops too many.
1st round....Jeff Samardzija at with our pick, Patrick Willis with 1st rd pick 2.

You should check out the who's going to be accountable thread. Your post seems to fit in there as well.

I am constantly amazed at these trade threads... so you want to trade Jason away eh.... tell me, how often do you find someone as good and/or valuble as him...for any price?? you are willing to trade him away for a pick that just might be a flop... brilliant... put away your Madden game bro

cnc66 said:
I am constantly amazed at these trade threads... so you want to trade Jason away eh.... tell me, how often do you find someone as good and/or valuble as him...for any price?? you are willing to trade him away for a pick that just might be a flop... brilliant... put away your Madden game bro

:sidelol:
Why don't you ease up on the brother.

miamifire said:
Well, now that we are officially out of the playoffs, we can turn our focus to the offseason. I am going to play devil's advocate here and suggest some controversial ideas on how to attack the offseason. 1. Trade Jason Taylor for a 1st rounder. I love JT but his value will never be higher (especially if he is def. player of the year.) I would only trade him for a no. 1 (the Colts?). It we don't get a one, they don't get a bookend to team with Dwight Freeney.
2. Trade Chris Chambers for a 2. I would like a 1 but don't think we can get it. A team like Atlanta would love Chambers and as much as I like he he drops too many passes and is a bit overrated.
3. Sign a LT. I have heard Steinbach's name mentioned here. Position begs for an upgrade.
1st round....Jeff Samardzija at with our pick, Patrick Willis with 1st rd pick 2.

Trade Jason Taylor?? The one player on the defense who is a true difference maker.
Trade Chambers?? If he's as bad as you and so many others thinks he is, who will give up anything for him. Much less take his salary as well.
Sign a LT?? We'll see who is available.
Draft a WR, LB and TE. I'm all for this but it is rare that a rookie WR does enough in his first year to make much of a difference.

miamifire said:

Radical for sure! I'm afraid you're going to get some harsh responses on this. Don't be discouraged though keep posting. (I know from being trashed for similar posts I've made.)
1. I humbly disagree. JT needs to stay and retire a Phin.
2. I'm afraid no team would give up a 2 for him at this point. a 3 or 4 MAYBE.
3. I totally agree we need a monster LT, not sure we can find him in FA though. Isn't Steinbach a Guard?
4. I totally agree with LB and TE. You are absolutely right that McMichael isn't getting it done. Think we need to look at FA for OLB and TE also.
5. I'd go LT with 1st pick if 1 of the top 2 are there and we find a TE and OLB in FA. WR is a need, just not the most pressing need.

miamifire said:
1.so please tell me personally what are the colts going to pay JT, what r we going to get for him 2.trade C.C. yes he hasn't played great but by him not playin great you think we gonna get for him when he is not playin good... were you drunk when you wrote this

The Colts already have their bookend, his name is Robert Mathis and he has performed well for two seasons on the trot now, as great as JT is, I don't see anyone giving a 1st rounder for a 32 year old and even then it wouldn't be value to us. The man is the best player we've had in the last ten years and probably this franchise's greatest defensive player. We only shop him fi his production drops- and it definitely isn't.

I actually think we may be able to get a low 1st for Chambers, New England got one for Branch and there are plenty of teams in need of quality recievers e.g NYG (Toomer is getting old), KC, Oakland (with Moss probably leaving), San Fran, Tampa, Houston. I'm not decided on whether we should trade Chris yet, he is the only deep threat we have on offense and unless we're sure we can get a replacement on the first day of the draft he needs to stay.

I think I'm right in saying we have pretty much all our draft picks this year (except the 5th we gave up for Joey??) and I think that's enough to turn this team back around.

Next year is our year if Daunte is healthy again- we should know how he's doing by the time the draft comes around- If he isn't then we should be in position to grab either Jamarcus Russell or Brian Brohm (if he comes out) and scrap the Cpep project.

cnc66 said:

I'd give Taylor half of the salary cap if he wanted it to stay. He is light years above any other player on the team.

We can get twice that for Jason Taylor. The way JT is playing we can get two #1's if a team out there has them, or a 1, 2, and 3/4. Jason Taylor is a god among football players but the team's problems extend so far beyond JT fellas. We have to put the organization first. JT, as cosmic as he plays, doesn't have the power to elevate an entire franchise by himself. Look at the year he's having and what is our record? If anything, the Miami Dolphins are hurting Jason Taylor because the man DESERVES a Super Bowl ring. I agree with the thread. I believe it's time to start over and build our team through the draft. A team that is one or two pieces from a Super Bowl appearence may give up the farm for JT and I'm willing to take it.

Trades
JT for 1,2,4 (And I still think he's getting off cheap)
CC for 3
JH for 4

Draft
1,3,4-(move up) QB
1- WR
2- OL
2- OL
3- OLB
4- CB
4- K
6- DL
7- OL

FA's
Briggs, Clements, Steinbach
Get one here ^

We've rooted for these guys and even bled with them on so many Sundays we've fallen in love with them. How long have we been trying to build around the very same core group of guys? How long now? How long before they each move on into retirement or FA before we are left clutching on to a memory? You think it doesn't brake my heart to even think of trading JT? It should brake any Dolfans heart. But this is a flawed franchise gentlemen. Stop lying to yourselves. We die a little more each season. We fade with every passing year. Soon, all we'll have to look forward to year in and year out will be the offseason and a pick in the top five that may or may never lift us back to glory. We need to think of the future before all we have left is the past.

miamifire said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I like the way you think.....

We need to start building towards the future, instead of always expecting it to happen "next year". We've been living in next year for decades now, and the result are always the same....

PHINZ RULE!!!

You're right about Taylor's value never getting higher. You could probably get two first day picks and a second day pick for him. A boatload of picks. I'd just hate to see him go though. there are several other players that could get some decent picks. It would be better to go that route I think.

Back
Top Bottom