Raekwon Davis better at DE? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis better at DE?

KingHydra

Active Roster
Reaction score
I cant help but wonder this. Davis, was a DE in college. We know how often Flo loves to utilize people in odd ways. I feel like Raekwon is being grossly misused in our Defense. He is built like a monster DE. Typically, DT are big and slow block absorbers and run stoppers. I would love to see Davis moved to the Edge. I think he would dominate.
Next year we could search for a big monster DT that is more in line with the norm.

I cant help but wonder this. Davis, was a DE in college. We know how often Flo loves to utilize people in odd ways. I feel like Raekwon is being grossly misused in our Defense. He is built like a monster DE. Typically, DT are big and slow block absorbers and run stoppers. I would love to see Davis moved to the Edge. I think he would dominate.
Next year we could search for a big monster DT that is more in line with the norm.
I agree to a point. The only concern would be lateral movement to set the edge. No questioning his strength, power and length. Always felt he was being miscast as a NT.

"Defensive ends in the 3–4 defense average a height of 6′3″–6′8″ and a weight of 285–315 lbs"

Raekwon is 6'7" 330.

Flores is using him exactly how he had envisioned him when he stood up and cheered after nabbing him in the 2nd round.

He knew he had his 13 year anchor, and so far he's been proven correct. Why mess with that? Wilkins is playing well enough, and we've got solid depth in Butler.

Y'all make some good points. I didnt mean to infer that Davis isnt a good NT. I think he is an invaluable piece of our defensive line. Just looking at him yesterday, he is so tall and lean for 330. He is def 3-4 NT material but I do wonder...

I honestly think our current DEs are solid enough you cant really mess with them. Sieler is a great surprise and Im happy we've got him locked up, but he's average starter quality. Wilkins is a great starter, and Im happy to have him there, just hope that his extension won't be too nuts.

in my mind Raekwon Davis and Christian Wilkins are both best suited to DT in a 4 man front.

in a 3 man front, i don't think we have a true NT in either of them (John Jenkins is probably the only true NT on the roster, and he's more of an older rotational guy at this point in his career), but they are both good players for us in whatever fronts we're running.

They need to not start with the musical chairs game with d line like they did with the o line. Davis is doing what he was brought here to do which is clog the running lanes up the middle and he’s doing a splendid job right now.

They need to not start with the musical chairs game with d line like they did with the o line. Davis is doing what he was brought here to do which is clog the running lanes up the middle and he’s doing a splendid job right now.

i think this is a little different and we run some weird hybrid front, so it is musical chairs from play to play by design.

Back
Top Bottom