Raekwon Davis... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis...

Some of you guys need another hobby. Too much complaining. :lol:

Raekwon Davis is 6'6" 311. Solid.
  • If they can get him to play like he did as a sophomore, that's hall of fame talent.
  • If they can get him to be an average pass rusher, it's a hell of a steal in the late 2nd.
  • If he NEVER becomes a force as a pass rusher but sets the edge, eats up double teams, and makes it ridiculously hard to run the ball, I'm still happy.
Barring possible legal/injury issues, I can't think of many other reasons why one of the three doesn't happen.
There is definitely “A REASON” why Flo seemed ecstatic with the pick!

Some of you guys need another hobby. Too much complaining. :lol:

Raekwon Davis is 6'6" 311. Solid.
  • If they can get him to play like he did as a sophomore, that's hall of fame talent.
  • If they can get him to be an average pass rusher, it's a hell of a steal in the late 2nd.
  • If he NEVER becomes a force as a pass rusher but sets the edge, eats up double teams, and makes it ridiculously hard to run the ball, I'm still happy.
Barring possible legal/injury issues, I can't think of many other reasons why one of the three doesn't happen.
How many "if"s does it take for you to recognize that you described a gamble with a 2nd round pick?

Nick Saban (proven HC) couldn't get the guy to check off any "if"s you describe, so I guess it's up to Flores (starting HC) to turn lemons into lemon drops?

If none of these come to fruition, we can always look back at the trajectory of Davon Hamilton (73rd pick), Neville Gallimore (83rd pick), Leki Fotu (114th pick), Rashard Lawrence (131st pick), and/or Brayvion Roy (184th pick) and thank ourselves that we outwitted the rest of the league with our DT/NT at (56).

How many "if"s does it take for you to recognize that you described a gamble with a 2nd round pick?

Nick Saban (proven HC) couldn't get the guy to check off any "if"s you describe, so I guess it's up to Flores (starting HC) to turn lemons into lemon drops?

If none of these come to fruition, we can always look back at the trajectory of Davon Hamilton (73rd pick), Neville Gallimore (83rd pick), Leki Fotu (114th pick), Rashard Lawrence (131st pick), and/or Brayvion Roy (184th pick) and thank ourselves that we outwitted the rest of the league with our DT/NT at (56).

:lol:

So much wrong in that post, but I've seen your work. Lol you'll never concede to anything so I'm good. Carry on.

Didn't know discussing possible trajectories of someone's career means it's a gamble, but Finheaven. :lol:

Last edited:
:lol:

So much wrong in that post, but I've seen your work. Lol you'll never concede to anything so I'm good. Carry on.

Didn't know discussing possible trajectories of someone's career means it's a gamble, but Finheaven. :lol:

I won't ask you to correct what's wrong (you can't).

I'll settle for you pointing out what's wrong?

Is it that I inferred that Saban is a better HC than Flores? He is...and his pro and college record reflects that.

Is it that I named several players with the same responsibilities as Davis...against similar competition...with better results?

I'll throw you another bone...Benito Davis (UDFA). He'll be taking some of our 2nd rounder's snaps.

I won't ask you to correct what's wrong (you can't).

I'll settle for you pointing out what's wrong?

Is it that I inferred that Saban is a better HC than Flores? He is...and his pro and college record reflects that.

Is it that I named several players with the same responsibilities as Davis...against similar competition...with better results?

I'll throw you another bone...Benito Davis (UDFA). He'll be taking some of our 2nd rounder's snaps.
I'll be your huckleberry......

There's ifs with EVERY draft pick ever.

So I'm really curious to see what kind of tape he puts out as a rookie... everything I"m reading good and bad, I'm kind of expecting a Jordan Phillips type player

I'll be your huckleberry......

There's ifs with EVERY draft pick ever.

Not THAT many with 1st and 2nd rounders and I'm sure there are several more that could be added (character issues affecting his play, etc.).

Not THAT many with 1st and 2nd rounders and I'm sure there are several more that could be added (character issues affecting his play, etc.).
Literally not true on any planet or reality.

What part...exactly isn't true?
Everything you said.

All draft picks have lots of questions. All of them. There is no guarantee.

The post you decided to be upset about, had 3 if questions, but they weren't;t 3 ifs that needed to be answered for the player to be good or great. You made it sound like that was some ridiculous amount of questions about a player taken in the round he was. If any one of the three questions he posed is answered in the affirmative, then he posits the pick was worth it. So basically, your argument is that a draft pick in the first two rounds should have no questions, which is absurd.

Everything you said.

All draft picks have lots of questions. All of them. There is no guarantee.

The post you decided to be upset about, had 3 if questions, but they weren't;t 3 ifs that needed to be answered for the player to be good or great. You made it sound like that was some ridiculous amount of questions about a player taken in the round he was. If any one of the three questions he posed is answered in the affirmative, then he posits the pick was worth it. So basically, your argument is that a draft pick in the first two rounds should have no questions, which is absurd.

Ok...

We strive for our 2nd rounders to be average. I doubt if that is on any team's wishlist. Except for assorted Dolphin fans, I doubt if it's on any fan's wishlist.

My argument wasn't basic at all. Your understanding of my position is what is basic here, which is why you had to put it in your terms.

Ok...

We strive for our 2nd rounders to be average. I doubt if that is on any team's wishlist. Except for assorted Dolphin fans, I doubt if it's on any fan's wishlist.

My argument wasn't basic at all. Your understanding of my position is what is basic here, which is why you had to put it in your terms.
Nothing you just said makes any sense.

- I didn't say your argument was basic.
- And the post you git upset about never said anything about striving for Davis to be average.

Damn skippy..I watched most of his games at Mizzou..For the life of me, all i saw was...3rd round situational pass rusher at best.
We used a first on him. :bobdole: ..You just can't make this crap up..

Man, I hated that pick the moment they made it. I did try to tell myself, well he has a spin move, maybe he can add something else. Not!!! And I was hoping for TJ Watt or a couple of other LBer Edge guys. Damn, I hope Flores and his staff are really what they showed us last season and they can develop guys. That is really key. That's how Belichick consistently wins. His staff develops guys.

Man, I hated that pick the moment they made it. I did try to tell myself, well he has a spin move, maybe he can add something else. Not!!! And I was hoping for TJ Watt or a couple of other LBer Edge guys. Damn, I hope Flores and his staff are really what they showed us last season and they can develop guys. That is really key. That's how Belichick consistently wins. His staff develops guys.
I'm with you. I hated the Charles Harris pick. And like you did everything I could to convince myself he'd be great. It hurts knowing certain players are bust before ever getting on the field. Hopefully Flores has what it takes for Davis to live up to that enormous potential he showed as a sophomore. If he just develops as a run stuffing power as a DE/DT I'd be happy.

Back
Top Bottom