Raekwon Davis?? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

I haven't been impressed with the OL. Yesterday I didn't think they played well either. I actually thought the entire offense played poorly. Hope they get that fixed in the offseason.

I didn’t think it was a disaster. Fitz ran into one of those sacks.

better than the Broncos game showing

Austin Jackson is not trending up the last 2 weeks. Brandon Jones I agree with but very limited snaps. Speaking more of guys who are not hitting a rookie wall or getting no snaps

yeah I think Brandon jones has probably been the most consistent rookie but like you said limited snaps.

he’s a baller. Love that kid. Excellent 3rd round value

[Kev, post: 8328147, member: 21838"]
I just can’t believe that All our first and second round picks aren’t starters I mean c’mon!!!!!
Can you believe we found three offensive line starters, a safety getting some playing time and a long snapper that has Jason Sanders kicking like and All-Pro?
[/QUOTE]

LT Jackson is a starter . QB Tua is a starter those two were our first round picks.

I finally got to see the Jets game last night, after being out of town for a week. One aspect that really jumped out at me was Raekwon Davis' stance. The coaching staff have obviously been working with him on that, determined to get him to play lower and with greater explosive leverage. I like it. Very logical and necessary for a defensive tackle of that height. It should help his vision also.

It was glaring in the Jets game that Davis' rump is now lower and his back angled upward. It is more like Wilkins' stance. Previously, including at Alabama, Davis has always had more of a level back. That not only keeps him too high but it also more or less buries his face in the chest or neck area of the blocker, angled downward and losing sight. From the upward angle he's got more bent knee leverage but also his face emerges high, with greater ability to scan

Two-down player. They remove him on obvious passing situations almost every time on third down.

I finally got to see the Jets game last night, after being out of town for a week. One aspect that really jumped out at me was Raekwon Davis' stance. The coaching staff have obviously been working with him on that, determined to get him to play lower and with greater explosive leverage. I like it. Very logical and necessary for a defensive tackle of that height. It should help his vision also.

It was glaring in the Jets game that Davis' rump is now lower and his back angled upward. It is more like Wilkins' stance. Previously, including at Alabama, Davis has always had more of a level back. That not only keeps him too high but it also more or less buries his face in the chest or neck area of the blocker, angled downward and losing sight. From the upward angle he's got more bent knee leverage but also his face emerges high, with greater ability to scan

Two-down player. They remove him on obvious passing situations almost every time on third down.
Thank for the analysis. Very detailed.

The kid keeps getting better. His leg push is night and day from early in the year. Crow will be served medium rare in this thread

Back
Top Bottom