Raekwon Davis?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

I'd try him on the nose with ONE responsibility -- drive the C backwards into the QBs lap.

In the event of the expected double team just PUSH forward and clog the backfield.

In addition I'd like to have him growl and maybe even a little bit of tourettes for effect!

Play big. Play scary!

Last edited:
5 sacks from 5 different players.. this is the way of the defense. Davis may never reach 6 sacks a year.. but watch him force the double team. Watch him drive the guard into the center making the tackle choose who to block on the edge.

I highly doubt Davis was brought in for his lateral ability I think he has to get push an occupy the interior linemen making sure they don’t get to our LB core - he will get the odd tackle but the LB core should be free to step up in the hole or blitz

If Raekwon Davis develops into a steady run defender, I'd take it and be happy. Every team needs someone to clog up the middle on the defense. I don't think he's a true NT, but will take whatever positive plays he makes at whatever postion he plays. I just hope he develops into a consistent contributor along the DL.

If Raekwon Davis develops into a steady run defender, I'd take it and be happy. Every team needs someone to clog up the middle on the defense. I don't think he's a true NT, but will take whatever positive plays he makes at whatever postion he plays. I just hope he develops into a consistent contributor along the DL.

funny thing is -- at his size he could bulk up to about 360!

6-7 360 would be a Nasty NT!

I think very few fans appreciate the guys who eat up the double teams so that the high profile guys get sacks. Davis can definitely be that guy. Even if he never becomes an elite pass rusher, he can contribute in other areas to help us win.

Wilkins didn’t look too good his first 5 games last year. Now he seems solid. Perhaps not no 1 pick material but a solid piece. Hopefully Raekwon will develop. We do need to start hitting on defensive lineman that can disrupt / alter outcomes of games. We don’t have those guys yet.
I think Wilkins will prove to be 1st round pick talent.

This 3 man line with Godchaux as the NT is not doing him any favors.

Get a real NT or play more 4 man line, and Wilkins will blossom.

He needs to be able to get to things at least to the outside shade shoulder of the b gap. So yeah lateral range does matter. Unless you want the ball going by him. Preferably tackle to tackle but that’s probably not in the cards.

Does flash some straight line pocket push and some stack ability.

There’s plenty of pluggers with lateral range. Guys who flow down the los well and finish at the los. Especially high pick ones.

Last edited:
He needs to be able to get to things at least to the outside shade shoulder of the b gap. So yeah lateral range does matter. Unless you want the ball going by him. Preferably tackle to tackle but that’s probably not in the cards.

Does flash some straight line pocket push and some stack ability.

There’s plenty of pluggers with lateral range. Guys who flow down the los well and finish at the los. Especially high pick ones.

In english please...

Wilkins didn’t look too good his first 5 games last year. Now he seems solid. Perhaps not no 1 pick material but a solid piece. Hopefully Raekwon will develop. We do need to start hitting on defensive lineman that can disrupt / alter outcomes of games. We don’t have those guys yet.
Agree. Big area of need. Wilkins is solid, but Miami needs another DT, someone who can dominate in the run game and at least push the pocket in the passing game. Tim Bowens type.

Wilkins and Davis are both 4-3 DT types, inside cloggers who just dont generate stats. This doesn't mean they are not doing their jobs. The clean up crew behind them is our weak link. Until we get better inside LBrs, our run defense will continue to struggle.

Wilkins and Davis are both 4-3 DT types, inside cloggers who just dont generate stats. This doesn't mean they are not doing their jobs. The clean up crew behind them is our weak link. Until we get better inside LBrs, our run defense will continue to struggle.
Which is why I want Parsons or Moses, as one of Miami's first picks. I like Wilkins, but I'm not sure I'd classify him as a clogger. He can penetrate, but is he good against the run? He does make some nice plays against the run for sure.

I wanted an Edge Rusher first... but I'm warming to the Linebacker idea. The only plays our current ILBs make is when they blitz and come in untouched because of scheming. They just dont make plays or make anyone fear them.

Back
Top Bottom