Raekwon Davis?? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

I don't know what is considered a great season, but that means he's capable of it, right?
He had 10-12 sacks and was a disrupter his sophmore yr.. Looked fast, after that he basically just took up space, Good space eater, but not a playmaker..

He had 10-12 sacks and was a disrupter his sophmore yr.. Looked fast, after that he basically just took up space, Good space eater, but not a playmaker..
Was he injured?

If he was a playmaker as a sophomore, why can't he be a playmaker again?

I thought he did quite well today. Got some push and stuffed a couple of runs. Nothing flashy but looked better than I've seen him.

Consider two things.

1. There were many people who projected him as an all-world physical specimen and a player who dramatically underperformed those expectations. That is playing out now.
2. He has shown enough to earn playing time as a mid-round pick, and many of those draft picks do not even merit playing time. So, while his performances may have been lackluster so far or limited to space-eating roles that grab no glory, it doesn't mean he is a failure. Just may indicate that he was what the scouts thought he was ... a guy with impressive attributes who is a role player.

No harm in that. And who knows, he's still young and has some upside .... he may yet bloom.

I was never a fan of the pick, took a lot of heat for my opinion, and some people may find it odd that I'm sounding optimistic. But, he's a Dolphin, and I call 'em like I see 'em, and despite my analysis, I always hope for the best. He does have potential, so hopefully he can translate that into production down the road.
I’m tired of picks like him myself. I want high motor guys.

I’m tired of picks like him myself. I want high motor guys.

I do too and we'll see how we replace Godchaux at the end of the season. But if he can help us stuff the run that would be huge. I have to rewatch the game but I don't remember them running straight up the middle as much as usual.

Back
Top Bottom