Raekwon Davis?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
I just noticed him one play basically where he stumbled trying to get to the QB.

He got no tackles today.

5 games in what are your feelings on him?

Weirdly enough Noah & Davis dont seem to be great picks so far.

I just noticed him one play basically where he stumbled trying to get to the QB.

He got no tackles today.

5 games in what are your feelings on him?

Weirdly enough Noah & Davis dont seem to be great picks so far.
I like when rookies play like All Pros early in their first seasons.

I'm not concerned if they don't, until the end of year 2 beginning of year 3.

Paul Soliai didn't have his "Soliai Moment" until season 4.

Some guys take more time than others.

I watched Davis throughout. He was on the bench the first two series, then replaced Wilkins on the third series, then played alongside Wilkins for awhile, then was subbed out of the game when we had the huge lead and basically played amoeba defense with Sieler the only true lineman on the interior.

I remember the play you are referring to. First half passing situation we brought pressure and Davis actually cleared his man for a change and was full speed toward Garropolo. But a 49er lineman redirected and had no trouble shoving Davis face first onto the turf. There was some leg entanglement that made it look more pathetic than it was.

Still, I agree that was the signature moment of the game for him. It was difficult not to conclude that a defensive tackle with more agility and desire wouldn't have been handled like that.

I mostly lost interest in watching him after that play, although I continued to do so.

Fortunately Claypool was already off the board when we took Raekwon Davis. I wasn't sure about that a few hours ago. This is the time of year in which you start looking back toward who you could have had. Second round seems like prime territory for wide receivers in this era. I knew it was close. But when I checked a few hours ago the Steelers took Claypool seven spots before we selected Davis.

At this point he is what I thought he would be.. very one dimensional, can hold up at the POA, but is a player that lacks the explosive movement and twitch that gives you a high ceiling.

I hope he proves his doubters like myself wrong

Davis is up and down. There was a play that I believe resulted in an AVG sack where he ate up 2 blockers and allowed a free rusher. And he has done that a couple times this season. But he also adds zero pressure.

At this point is basically a space eater
That's one of the reasons we drafted him. After just 5 NFL games, Raekwon is still learning. However, he's a very big powerful man and some of our other D-linemen like Zach Sieler are also contributing.

Consider two things.

1. There were many people who projected him as an all-world physical specimen and a player who dramatically underperformed those expectations. That is playing out now.
2. He has shown enough to earn playing time as a mid-round pick, and many of those draft picks do not even merit playing time. So, while his performances may have been lackluster so far or limited to space-eating roles that grab no glory, it doesn't mean he is a failure. Just may indicate that he was what the scouts thought he was ... a guy with impressive attributes who is a role player.

No harm in that. And who knows, he's still young and has some upside .... he may yet bloom.

I was never a fan of the pick, took a lot of heat for my opinion, and some people may find it odd that I'm sounding optimistic. But, he's a Dolphin, and I call 'em like I see 'em, and despite my analysis, I always hope for the best. He does have potential, so hopefully he can translate that into production down the road.

[Kev, post: 8328147, member: 21838"]
I just can’t believe that All our first and second round picks aren’t starters I mean c’mon!!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Can you believe we found three offensive line starters, a safety getting some playing time and a long snapper that has Jason Sanders kicking like and All-Pro?

Not every pick looks great in the 1st 5 games of their rookie year. I'm patient.
Wilkins didn’t look too good his first 5 games last year. Now he seems solid. Perhaps not no 1 pick material but a solid piece. Hopefully Raekwon will develop. We do need to start hitting on defensive lineman that can disrupt / alter outcomes of games. We don’t have those guys yet.

[Kev, post: 8328147, member: 21838"]
I just can’t believe that All our first and second round picks aren’t starters I mean c’mon!!!!!
Can you believe we found three offensive line starters, a safety getting some playing time and a long snapper that has Jason Sanders kicking like and All-Pro?
[/QUOTE]
Of the o-line guys prove out to be quality starters that would be amazing considering our track record or picking linemen.

Back
Top Bottom