Raekwon Davis?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

I just noticed him one play basically where he stumbled trying to get to the QB.

He got no tackles today.

Don’t understand the negativity about Chainkwon in this thread.

Quarterbacks don’t just hand their chains over.

Well, we are about to see what he's made of now.

I agree. Why not? Maybe the coaching staff should go back and watch the games late in his freshman year, to see what was working for him and try to replicate those conditions.

Although I'm sure Saban and Co. attempted that type of thing, and left with nothing to show for it

Wilkins and Davis are both 4-3 DT types, inside cloggers who just dont generate stats. This doesn't mean they are not doing their jobs. The clean up crew behind them is our weak link. Until we get better inside LBrs, our run defense will continue to struggle.

disagree both have enough athletic ability to play end in a 3-4. Wilkins has proven that a bit more in the nfl.Davis on paper and by college tape should have that ability but hasn’t shown it yet. Wilkins has show flashes of it.

I watched Davis throughout. He was on the bench the first two series, then replaced Wilkins on the third series, then played alongside Wilkins for awhile, then was subbed out of the game when we had the huge lead and basically played amoeba defense with Sieler the only true lineman on the interior.

I remember the play you are referring to. First half passing situation we brought pressure and Davis actually cleared his man for a change and was full speed toward Garropolo. But a 49er lineman redirected and had no trouble shoving Davis face first onto the turf. There was some leg entanglement that made it look more pathetic than it was.

Still, I agree that was the signature moment of the game for him. It was difficult not to conclude that a defensive tackle with more agility and desire wouldn't have been handled like that.

I mostly lost interest in watching him after that play, although I continued to do so.

Fortunately Claypool was already off the board when we took Raekwon Davis. I wasn't sure about that a few hours ago. This is the time of year in which you start looking back toward who you could have had. Second round seems like prime territory for wide receivers in this era. I knew it was close. But when I checked a few hours ago the Steelers took Claypool seven spots before we selected Davis.
We could have had Jeremy Chinn. Guy is balling for the Panthers.

Consider two things.

1. There were many people who projected him as an all-world physical specimen and a player who dramatically underperformed those expectations. That is playing out now.
2. He has shown enough to earn playing time as a mid-round pick, and many of those draft picks do not even merit playing time. So, while his performances may have been lackluster so far or limited to space-eating roles that grab no glory, it doesn't mean he is a failure. Just may indicate that he was what the scouts thought he was ... a guy with impressive attributes who is a role player.

No harm in that. And who knows, he's still young and has some upside .... he may yet bloom.

I was never a fan of the pick, took a lot of heat for my opinion, and some people may find it odd that I'm sounding optimistic. But, he's a Dolphin, and I call 'em like I see 'em, and despite my analysis, I always hope for the best. He does have potential, so hopefully he can translate that into production down the road.

mid round pick?.....2nd round?

Sizler should be taking those reps. Guys been a baller when he’s on the field

The real test will be from now on. He’s going to get more snaps. We’re still not good at defending the run so it might work out. Maybe we are missing somebody who can take on two blocks in the run game.

Consider two things.

1. There were many people who projected him as an all-world physical specimen and a player who dramatically underperformed those expectations. That is playing out now.
2. He has shown enough to earn playing time as a mid-round pick, and many of those draft picks do not even merit playing time. So, while his performances may have been lackluster so far or limited to space-eating roles that grab no glory, it doesn't mean he is a failure. Just may indicate that he was what the scouts thought he was ... a guy with impressive attributes who is a role player.

No harm in that. And who knows, he's still young and has some upside .... he may yet bloom.

I was never a fan of the pick, took a lot of heat for my opinion, and some people may find it odd that I'm sounding optimistic. But, he's a Dolphin, and I call 'em like I see 'em, and despite my analysis, I always hope for the best. He does have potential, so hopefully he can translate that into production down the road.

Interesting both defensive lineman we picked the kid from NC appear to fit the profile they look like Tarzan play like Jane. I am big on college production regardless of size per se but Assi Dooger continues to bash that theory with examples of guys not making it because of measurements. Of course having both is the easy answer. Which one would you prefer.

Lol, Now we comparing rookies to guys that have played previously played in the league, gotten offseason work, and started off with one hell of an organization in Baltimore?

I just can't this thread!
Simply stating which player I would rather see on the field. Geesh. Raekwon has time to improve of course he's only a rookie. It's a nod to Sieler and how he has played and improved throughout his young career.

Also..... a 2nd round pick from Alabama vs a 7th rounder from Ferris State..... which guy should be producing earlier in their careers?

Once they are here, it just doesn't matter from where they've been. Whoever plays best, starts, and that's the way it SHOULD be. Pedigree only matters in dog shows.

Simply stating which player I would rather see on the field. Geesh. Raekwon has time to improve of course he's only a rookie. It's a nod to Sieler and how he has played and improved throughout his young career.

Also..... a 2nd round pick from Alabama vs a 7th rounder from Ferris State..... which guy should be producing earlier in their careers?

Just like HS? Seniors should start over Sophs and Jrs? I get your point, but there are so many variables. How well were they coached in college? What college? Learning speed. By natural talent, a R1 should beat out a R4, but the NFL is a lot more than natural talent. Cue Pat white

Just like HS? Seniors should start over Sophs and Jrs? I get your point, but there are so many variables. How well were they coached in college? What college? Learning speed. By natural talent, a R1 should beat out a R4, but the NFL is a lot more than natural talent. Cue Pat white
Absolutely. Sieler mentioned how little of stuff like tht he got in college and clearly getting to the pro's has improved him

Back
Top Bottom