Raekwon Davis?? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

I'm not going to try to tell anyone the guy doesn't have limitations, but it is only a handful of games into his pro career.

Maybe we did take him too high. Maybe what some say is a "lack of motor" is just lack of maturity. Maybe he fades into obscurity.

My opinion, the ending is yet to be written. If anyone can get the kid to his full potential, I trust Flo to get it out of him.

Yeah let me know. Trust doesn't make plays in the backfield.

Yeah let me know. Trust doesn't make plays in the backfield.
Then so be it.

Not going to change my life either way.

If he ends up just a guy that eats double teams, or is out of the league in 3 yrs, that's the way it goes.

Not sure why you are digging your heels in so deep over this guy, and repeating the same thing post after post. No one has claimed he is on his way to a gold jacket.

That was never the conversation on my end. The conversation was how much it's worth. It's not worth a 2nd round pick in my opinion, which is what I said from the beginning. Again, let me know when it finally clicks.

That is absolutely not what you were debating with me. If you keep it up, you'll have a whole field full of straw men.

Since you can't seem to play nice...regarding the "when it clicks" part?

Sure.

*Click*.

Bye.

That is absolutely not what you were debating with me. If you keep it up, you'll have a whole field full of straw men.

Since you can't seem to play nice...regarding the "when it clicks" part?

Sure.

*Click*.

Bye.

It's the only conversation I've ever had about Chainkwon from the day he was drafted. What the hell do you think we're talking about?

I've tried to explain this to some of you before. Covered/Uncovered rule. You can align defensive lineman to cover offensive lineman, or align 'em in gaps to uncover offensive lineman.

You can align defensive lineman to stand there and soak up the double team, or you can align 'em to split or defeat the double team. Your decision is based entirely on what the player is capable of doing. One is not like the other in more ways than one.

Chainkwon was drafted for Flo's defensive front whereas the goal is the opposite of the Amoeba front where players aren't 'declared' - they're not in a 3PT stance. The coaches want Chainkwon to be the guy that draws the double team. The uncovered oline to his side is always going to be the one with eyes on the linebacker behind him.

If that don't work, go watch Zach Sieler play. That's all I can tell you.

this makes no sense

Let me explain it to you this way then - how did Jim Harbaugh coach his way to a superbowl in the NFL but can't even win a division title at Michigan. He's getting blown out every week.

How did Lovie Smith coach his way to a superbowl in the NFL yet can't win more than 6 games in the Big-10.

It's entirely different. You don't just appease an owner in college. You have to appease the AD, the alumni, the boosters, the fans, and win. Especially at a big time college program. The variety of schemes you see every week varies greatly in college. It doesn't in the NFL. You have less practice time, yet you have to prepare for wider array of schemes on a weekly basis.

If you think any NFL coaches can come to a pressure cooker like Alabama where you can win by 30 points and the fanbase still isn't happy - only a fool would try. You better be damn good.

Let me explain it to you this way then - how did Jim Harbaugh coach his way to a superbowl in the NFL but can't even win a division title at Michigan. He's getting blown out every week.

How did Lovie Smith coach his way to a superbowl in the NFL yet can't win more than 6 games in the Big-10.

It's entirely different. You don't just appease an owner in college. You have to appease the AD, the alumni, the boosters, the fans, and win. Especially at a big time college program. The variety of schemes you see every week varies greatly in college. It doesn't in the NFL. You have less practice time, yet you have to prepare for wider array of schemes on a weekly basis.

If you think any NFL coaches can come to a pressure cooker like Alabama where you can win by 30 points and the fanbase still isn't happy - only a fool would try. You better be damn good.

how did Nick Saban step on his dick in the NFL but can be a great college coach?

It doesn't correlate

a
It's the only conversation I've ever had about Chainkwon from the day he was drafted. What the hell do you think we're talking about?

I've tried to explain this to some of you before. Covered/Uncovered rule. You can align defensive lineman to cover offensive lineman, or align 'em in gaps to uncover offensive lineman.

You can align defensive lineman to stand there and soak up the double team, or you can align 'em to split or defeat the double team. Your decision is based entirely on what the player is capable of doing. One is not like the other in more ways than one.

Chainkwon was drafted for Flo's defensive front whereas the goal is the opposite of the Amoeba front where players aren't 'declared' - they're not in a 3PT stance. The coaches want Chainkwon to be the guy that draws the double team. The uncovered oline to his side is always going to be the one with eyes on the linebacker behind him.

If that don't work, go watch Zach Sieler play. That's all I can tell you.
I guess you didn't see the Rams game. They tried to deal with Davis one-on-one a few times and
he either side stepped (which was highlighted in one analysis specifically noting his fast feet) or
he just bulldozed him man right into Goof Goff whatever.

how did Nick Saban step on his dick in the NFL but can be a great college coach?

It doesn't correlate

Lot of reasons. You have a lot more hands involved in it when you get to the NFL. You don't run the show and make all the decisions. GM's, bean counters, owners, scouts, personnel people, medical staff..... they all get a say. Saban couldn't even hire who he wanted as DC in Miami.

The doctors wouldn't sign off on Drew Brees. That was the end. Besides, he only had 2 years and his record was only a game or two under .500. That's not stepping on your dick. Stepping on your dick is what Bobby Petrino did in Atlanta. Then he quit with games still left to play.

Who knows what would happen if he took another shot in a better organization. Even Belichick failed at his first job in Cleveland. I don't think he's worried about it though.

When the players are making more money than you it's not really about your coaching - it's about how you manage the personalities and babysit their egos. I know I wouldn't have the patience for it either. We do it my way or hit the road.

a

I guess you didn't see the Rams game. They tried to deal with Davis one-on-one a few times and
he either side stepped (which was highlighted in one analysis specifically noting his fast feet) or
he just bulldozed him man right into Goof Goff whatever.

Charles Harris made a play once.

after the game I mentioned how good Davis looked so I was not surprised with the high grade he received, he really played a good game vs the Chargers.

When the players are making more money than you it's not really about your coaching - it's about how you manage the personalities and babysit their egos.
Shut up! That may be how it is for any number of Pro football teams but NOT the program
Mister Grier (yes, you know he's Exec of the year!) and Flo have built. Completely different vibe.
And you also know that's why the dumped that mommies boy Stinkah Fitzpatrick!

No babies. No whiners. No ego freaks.

Shut up! That may be how it is for any number of Pro football teams but NOT the program
Mister Grier (yes, you know he's Exec of the year!) and Flo have built. Completely different vibe.
And you also know that's why the dumped that mommies boy Stinkah Fitzpatrick!

No babies. No whiners. No ego freaks.

9600 posts and you finally got one right. It was almost like waiting for Chainkwon to get a sack.

Back
Top Bottom