Raekwon Davis?? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

At this point he is what I thought he would be.. very one dimensional, can hold up at the POA, but is a player that lacks the explosive movement and twitch that gives you a high ceiling.

I hope he proves his doubters like myself wrong
He’s starting to prove me wrong I think and I’m damn happy about it..

This draft will be the best of all time in our history if that dude plays up to his draft status, I had him as a 4th Rounder..

Last edited:
With Christian Wilkins Covid-19 protocol absence, Raekwon stepped up and made some good plays. Our big boy is progressively learning to become a nuisance for opposing offenses. To all of the FH posters who dismissed him as garbage, Raekwon seems determined to prove you wrong. Maybe he's getting some better coaching than he received in Alabama and this is helping to accelerate his development.

One of my favorite Saban bedtime stories is the one he told a few years ago about his dad. Most people know his dad Lou was a coach and was coaching in the NFL with the Bills and Broncos when Nick was a young man.

Well, Lou also ran a gas station when Nick was a teenager and he had young Nick working there for him.

One day Nick was in a bad mood and treating all the customers bad with a crappy attitude - dad finally had enough and went up to him to ask him what the **** his problem was. Nick told his dad that his girlfriend had broke up with him and he was unhappy.

Lou replied back that he had one problem, but if he kept treating the customers like that he was going to have a few more. He told Nick he was going to fire him, and then whip his *** for getting fired. So he was going to have no job, no money, no girlfriend, and a whipped ***. :lol:

Damn I love Nick Saban. GOAT.
for someone who loves Nick Saban you would know Lou Saban former bills coach is not his father

for someone who loves Nick Saban you would know Lou Saban former bills coach is not his father
This was interesting so I decided to do some fact checking...

"Saban was born in Fairmont, West Virginia, to Mary and Nick Lou Saban Sr. He and a sister, Dianna, grew up and graduated from Monongah High School[11] in the small community of Monongah, West Virginia, about 25 miles southwest of Morgantown."

Soooo yeah, I think slimm is right here

This was interesting so I decided to do some fact checking...

"Saban was born in Fairmont, West Virginia, to Mary and Nick Lou Saban Sr. He and a sister, Dianna, grew up and graduated from Monongah High School[11] in the small community of Monongah, West Virginia, about 25 miles southwest of Morgantown."

Soooo yeah, I think slimm is right here
Yeah, I was interested enough to look into it, as well.

There was another coach named Lou Saban. There is some indication that they may be distant cousins.

Raekwon Davis' ending story has yet to be final. His early story has been nothing more than an underachieving uber talented defensive lineman. The fact that he's been making a few plays a game over the last few weeks is encouraging. But lets not over look his prior history. Nick Saban has always found ways to get the talent out of his players at Alabama. But Davis even frustrated him. Not a good sign.

Raekwon Davis may not develop into a dominant player. He may stay stagnant or develop into a serviceable player. That has yet to be determined, but for the time being I'll take what's he's done, over the last two weeks, because its helped Miami win.

Raekwon Davis' ending story has yet to be final. His early story has been nothing more than an underachieving uber talented defensive lineman. The fact that he's been making a few plays a game over the last few weeks is encouraging. But lets not over look his prior history. Nick Saban has always found ways to get the talent out of his players at Alabama. But Davis even frustrated him. Not a good sign.

Raekwon Davis may not develop into a dominant player. He may stay stagnant or develop into a serviceable player. That has yet to be determined, but for the time being I'll take what's he's done, over the last two weeks, because its helped Miami win.
he dominated as a sophomore (i believe), so I'm pretty much convinced he's got it in him.

no idea why his play fell off, but i see no reason not to be cautiously optimistic that his ceiling is higher than some of the Bama experts around here may think.

he dominated as a sophomore (i believe), so I'm pretty much convinced he's got it in him.

no idea why his play fell off, but i see no reason not to be cautiously optimistic that his ceiling is higher than some of the Bama experts around here may think.
Yes going off that sophomore season, who'd think he has it in him. Perhaps that's what frustrated the coaches at Alabama. They saw he had it and then fell off a cliff. If he somehow can find the mental toughness to overcome the lack of productivity he may finally develop beyond anyone's beliefs.

Yes going off that sophomore season, who'd think he has it in him. Perhaps that's what frustrated the coaches at Alabama. They saw he had it and then fell off a cliff. If he somehow can find the mental toughness to overcome the lack of productivity he may finally develop beyond anyone's beliefs.
Don't know the reasons for the decline.

I don't know if it's falling off a cliff if he was still a 2nd round selection, and current starter in the NFL :)

But I see no reason why he can't get back to where he once was, unless it was due to injury (which I'm unaware of).

Back
Top Bottom