Raekwon Davis?? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

I've been watching him since high school and I think he's going to be fine. He's just now where a kid like Sam Shields was in terms of development switching from WR to CB. Shields didn't earn a starting job until his 3rd year in the league.

DB is a tough transition from college to NFL for kids that have played DB their entire life - much less a kid that has only been doing it for 2 years.
Do you think he was bad value in the first round? Sounds like you believe in his potential, but he’s a long term project. Not sure if that’s the type of player you want in round 1, a guy who if he ever reaches his potential, it will be towards the end of his rookie deal and you’ve lost arguably the most valuable NFL asset - good player at a premium position before they get their 2nd contract.

Last edited:
Raekwon named pff rookie of the week, and made their Team of the Week, for a second week running:

ROOKIE OF THE WEEK​

DI Raekwon Davis, Miami Dolphins

Davis has been on a tear the last couple of weeks. He went from ranking 95th at his position in PFF grade through Week 9 at 55.6, to back-to-back PFF Rookie of the Week honors in Weeks 10 and 11 with a PFF grade of 89.6 in each. Davis’ strong Week 11 was more about his disruption in the run game as opposed to his pass-rushing, but this week it was a little bit of both. The 2020 56th overall pick came away with a 15% pass-rush win rate and the 12th-best pass-rush grade of the week among interior defensive linemen at 74.0. Then against the run, he was a dominant force like in Week 10 with two run stops and the highest run-defense grade of the week at 82.9. It is worth noting that these two strong performances by Davis came against the 32nd and 31st ranked interior offensive lines in the NFL this year, but it’s still quite impressive nonetheless.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-11-pff-team-of-the-week-key-takeaways-player-awards-and-more

Last edited:
The improvement this kid has made from the beginning of the season until now is amazing. Not necessarily the traditional mold but I think we have our NT of the future.

The improvement this kid has made from the beginning of the season until now is amazing. Not necessarily the traditional mold but I think we have our NT of the future.
We found a gem in Davis
If we actually had some solid LB play then he and the contributions from Sieler, Wilkins and Co would look alot better.
We're literally playing a front that 99% of the time depends on the DL guys making the stop.
If not, that LB group is practically non existent and useless.
I'm honestly trying to think of ONE instance this season where Baker made a legit stop on a runner?
Behing the LOS?
Literally blew the play up?
Unblockable by a OL guy etc?

If you have to think long and hard on that then you don't have a starting caliber LB.

If we actually had some solid LB play then he and the contributions from Sieler, Wilkins and Co would look alot better.
We're literally playing a front that 99% of the time depends on the DL guys making the stop.
I'm honestly trying to think of ONE instance this season where Baker made a legit stop on a runner?
Behing the LOS?

If you have to think long and hard on that then you don't have a starting caliber LB.
I know I’ve said it before, Baker is just a terrible fit in this defense. It’s a shame because he’s so young and I think he’ll develop into a really good player somewhere else, but yah I don’t see it happening here at this point.

He’s been a beast the last couple weeks

Attachments

• 87FEF129-AD49-4087-B9C9-5897741719D7.jpeg
    87FEF129-AD49-4087-B9C9-5897741719D7.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
Behing the LOS?

We need upgrades at LB for sure. Especially on the inside LB positions.
I like Van Noy and Baker (even though Baker messes up sometimes).
The current Lbs are good for back up and depth. I hope we get two solid ILB this off-season.

We need upgrades at LB for sure. Especially on the inside LB positions.
I like Van Noy and Baker (even though Baker messes up sometimes).
The current Lbs are good for back up and depth. I hope we get two solid ILB this off-season.

I was actually impressed with Denvers MLB...The dude is big and can move and cover.
It's like you don't see those Z.Thomas, Ray Lewis type LBs anymroe in the league.

Wait til he gets into NFL shape this off season

Let's hope Davis continues his solid play and becomes the week in and week out, consistent player we all hoped he'd become.

His most ardent detractors have to see that he's a different player. Is that possible? In any case, i hope he's allowed the Dolphins to seek other upgrades earlier in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom