Raekwon Mcmillan?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Mcmillan??

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't want to start a 1 preseason game overreaction thread as at the end of the day last nights game was practice. I'm nervous about some of the things I'm reading about Raekwon McMillan even more so than I seen in the game last night and some posters on here seem really high on him so I want some convincing.

Every pre draft scouting report of seen projected him as an average NFL starter at SAM yet some feel he's the answer at MIKE, why is this?

Every pre draft scouting report I've seen says he struggles in coverage yet some seem to be expecting him to be paired with Kiko in the nickel, why is this?

If you read Raekwon's scouting report, then read Jerome Baker's would you not be more excited about Baker?

We need this guy to be as advertised on Finheaven or our LB unit will be screwed. Why do folks think he will?

I have no idea why he's being touted as this key ingredient when we haven't even seen the guy in action. I stated that before, hopefully he's a dog but time will tell

Perhaps link a few pre draft reports that you are seeing. Every is such a strong word and gets over used quite often.

I think Raekwon has a lot to prove after suffering a season ending injury as a rookie. He made his mark as a MLB at Ohio State which isn't easy. Expectations are going to be high for him but he has to balance being careful with his knee and over extending himself to where it might cause a setback.

Perhaps link a few pre draft reports that you are seeing. Every is such a strong word and gets over used quite often.

I think Raekwon has a lot to prove after suffering a season ending injury as a rookie. He made his mark as a MLB at Ohio State which isn't easy. Expectations are going to be high for him but he has to balance being careful with his knee and over extending himself to where it might cause a setback.

You're right, every is a strong word but I haven't found one that touts his coverage skills yet some seem shocked he's not paired with Kiko as the Nickel:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/raekwon-mcmillan?id=2558070

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-scouting-report-raekwon-mcmillan-ilb-ohio-state

Can anyone find a scouting report that states McMillan has coverage skills?

He misread a couple of plays and took bad angles. It happens. The question is how quickly can he get coached up, and how much work will he put into the film room to learn from the errors. I'm not going to over react to any player good or bad over the first preseason game.

More than McMillian, I would start to worry about the interior of the DL..Yikes!

I think the scouting reports become less relevant when he comes into the facility and demonstrates his talent, ability, and desire before your very eyes.

That is what he did last year as a rookie. He came in and grabbed that spot.

That's why the staff is so high on him. Not really concerned about what the college-tape-watching gurus say about his time at Ohio State.

I don't recall anyone slating him in at coverage in the nickel, that's moreso Baker's future job. Raekwon is what he is. He's going to be a solid, steady eddie for a while.

I never remember reading about him as a coverage guy, I remember him being touted as a MLB who was very good against the run, was intelligent to make the defensive calls, and a great leader. If he can stop the run consistently I'll be happy.

I agree 100% but I do see folks expecting him to be on the field in nickel.

He misread a couple of plays and took bad angles. It happens. The question is how quickly can he get coached up, and how much work will he put into the film room to learn from the errors. I'm not going to over react to any player good or bad over the first preseason game.
Having Reshad right behind him should really help during the regular season. I hope it was just him learning to trust his instincts after such a long time off the field, could take a few weeks. We do need him to be productive this year though.

McMillan had yet to taste what it feels to play LB in the NFL, add to that he is coming back from a serious injury, so it may take a few games before he starts to get comfortable.

The things that are in his favor of succeeding are, he is a very intelligent player, that has been a leader everywhere he has been, also, he is a gamer, that will play hard once he gets comfortable, finally, he's a 24/7 type player that will do the work, will be watching video for each game.

I have not seen the game yet, but I did not expect to hear he was playing like a superstar considering, his age, his 0 experience in the NFL, and the fact he was rehabbing or on the sidelines all last year.

He’s such a hard worker and a grinder that he’s gonna watch so much film on this game to see what he did wrong.

He is still a rookie. He’s not quite back yet.

Back
Top Bottom