Raekwon Mcmillan?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Mcmillan??

I agree 100% but I do see folks expecting him to be on the field in nickel.

Doesn't the Mike generally stay on the field during nickel? It doesn't necessarily mean he'll be dropping in coverage; you still need to respect the run. May also be a spy on more mobile QB's.

Doesn't the Mike generally stay on the field during nickel? It doesn't necessarily mean he'll be dropping in coverage; you still need to respect the run. May also be a spy on more mobile QB's.

No, not on our team. The Mike went off the field last year. I think they play the most athletic 2 (Kiko/Timmons, Kiko/Anthony in 2017). The Mike (Hull/Allen/Mauluga) didn't do nickel.

No need to judge 1st game the guy ever played in. Hopefully he will get better

No, not on our team. The Mike went off the field last year. I think they play the most athletic 2 (Kiko/Timmons, Kiko/Anthony in 2017). The Mike (Hull/Allen/Mauluga) didn't do nickel.

Good point. I would like to see Kwon, Kiko, and the big white guy as our LB's in base, and Baker/Anthony as the LB's in nickle. That could work out nicely if McMillan can handle the job, and all of these guys are young too.

Be patient. Raekwon was a genuine star at Ohio State and his leadership skills are natural. He needs to get more games under him and you will see why we drafted him in the 2nd round last year.

I am right there with you on Raekwon. Give it time, he needs NFL experience to get use to the speed and balancing how much he can do on the field without having lingering knee issues. I think it was on the 3 yards per carry podcast where I heard them say he had minor swelling.

People are excited about McMillian, but last night was his first game. How is that any different from fans being excited about Fitzpatrick or Gesicki or any other rookie in the league that hadn't played yet?

I think everyone is rooting for this guy. He hasn't really played in a real game since the 2016 college season so it'll take some time. I just hope is not too long cause we need a real Mike out there.

Last night he played small. Bad angles. Poor body positioning. Easily moved. I'm not ready to call it an absolute given the injury recovery but it happened time and again.

We might not see what we drafted until 2019

Drafted...1st pre-season game he was lost for the season. (Dont start me on Special Teams role) He's gone through intensive rehab training after a huge injury to get back to suiting up and actually tackling again and people are asking why he isn't making tackles in the backfield or putting in a Pro-Bowl performance after a few weeks of training and one pre-season game. Really? Reality check needed. Give him a break. Seriously.

Last night he played small. Bad angles. Poor body positioning. Easily moved. I'm not ready to call it an absolute given the injury recovery but it happened time and again.

We might not see what we drafted until 2019

You might be correct but let's hope not. I'm sure the coaches saw the same and will address that with him. Might be something correctable in the next 3 games.

Back
Top Bottom