Raekwon Mcmillan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Mcmillan

Honeybadger08

Active Roster
Reaction score
Do you see Raekwon McMillan being a good fit in this new defense system with the Dolphins where they will be running more DB's onto the field and less linebackers, sometimes only one linebacker playing? In my opinion, Raekwon is a 1 or 2 down thumper and needs to be off the field in passing situations. If he is not going to be used moving forward and the Dolphins are rebuilding wouldn't it make sense to try to trade him since he is young and on a rookie contract?

Raekwon is athletic for his size and he's smart enough to be on the field on passing downs. Miami's previous defense used some strange coverage schemes and it often left players confused at what their coverage area was or in some cases, left one player having to cover two men.

I think 'Kwon is going to be an integral part of this defense moving forward, as is Jerome Baker.

I could see Baker being more of a package-specific player since he doesn't possess the size to be a linebacker in the prototypical 3-4 defense.

Miami is going to run a variety of looks, and I wouldn't be surprised to see 3-3-5 used a decent bit, too, which would allow Baker to see the field more.

I have hope he is, but really am not sure. His coverage ability needs to improve tremendously to really fit in this scheme. I believe his run stopping will develop nicely.

Well, towards the 2nd part of last season he felt healthy and started playing better. Not sure he'll ever be good in coverage but I highly doubt they'll trade him at this point.

Yeah, he did appear to get better. Maybe it just took longer (is taking longer) to get over the knee.
yeah I believe he said he was being too careful early on and then he just started playing and not thinking about the knee. I'm hoping he'll improve much more next season.

Last season was effectively Raekwon's rookie year and he improved a lot in the latter half of the season. A further year down the track after his ACL surgery and he should be physically better to handle the NFL season. Looking for Raekwon to make further progress this year.

Hey he's cheap and I think we are in no hurry to Win, so it looks like he fits nicely.

And IMO, can only get better and who knows when he learns to fill the right holes and develops some level of instincts can achieve mediocrity and might be worth even getting something of a 6 rdr for..

Probably more so than before honestly. He isn’t super fast but that’s kinda the MO of all the pats LB’s. He’s gonna do great in this scheme imo.

Raekwon the Chef!

Seriously though, he'll get playing time in different packages. The defense Flores wants has always been about flexibility and multiple fronts. I like it. Very excited to see how the defense gets built.

Back
Top Bottom