Raekwon Pffs Highest Graded Lb In The League Last Week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Pffs Highest Graded Lb In The League Last Week

That was enjoyable. At least there were some positives to take away from that fiasco.

Many here bash Burke nonstop, but I think he is doing fine, considering he's playing what amounts to three rookies major snaps, and is short a starter quality corner.

I also give props to the Dline coach, getting second year, low round picks to play hard, and to their potential.

I agree he has been a somewhat pleasant surprise at this point in the season. Our defense which no one outside of here gave a chance to be good actually looks competent for a change. And when I look at some of the other defenses across the league I feel even better. Throw in the fact that we are really young on defense it could develop into top 5-10 in the league maybe even by next year. Assuming the offense can keep time of possession in check.

I don't love Burke but I don't want him replaced either. I think at times he has no clue what to call but most of the times he does a good job. One particular play last weekend when they got to Dalton, wow what a play call. Looked like a blitz the Ravens would draw up
I think what you saw last week, as far as the aggressive calls, was a product of having a decent lead. Once we were up by a couple scores, Gase/Burke took off the leash.

I know we lost, but that is the right approach is IMO.

I agree he has been a somewhat pleasant surprise at this point in the season. Our defense which no one outside of here gave a chance to be good actually looks competent for a change. And when I look at some of the other defenses across the league I feel even better. Throw in the fact that we are really young on defense it could develop into top 5-10 in the league maybe even by next year. Assuming the offense can keep time of possession in check.
You are absolutely correct about the TOP. Even a superior D is going to look statistically bad when they are on the field 43 minutes per game.

We MUST find a way to sustain drives.

I think what you saw last week, as far as the aggressive calls, was a product of having a decent lead. Once we were up by a couple scores, Gase/Burke took off the leash.

I know we lost, but that is the right approach is IMO.

It's becoming clear to me this is exactly right. We have no faith in our offense to come back from big deficits, for good reason. Because of that we have almost no choice but to play conservative on D until we have a lead.

And contrary to bipolar dolfans, I really like Kiko (when they use him correctly of course and not in coverage)

Bipolar is right haha...Kiko was great his first season...everyone loved him...then last season everyone wanted him to get cut outright. He was def out of position last year and has played much better this year for sure.

He came out and said that he needed to play better. Played better. We need more of that.

Baker always stands out when he's on the field to me, which is why he needs to be on the field more. Not sure if this is correct or not, but I thought I saw on Twitter that played 35% of the defensive plays last week.

We've been too harsh on McMillan though. He's essentially a rookie. Expectations were way too high coming into the season, which is understandable due to the awful LB play we've had in recent years, but we've got to be patient.

If these two continue to develop then that will be an automatic positive for the season heading into the offseason. I'm hopeful about both, but really excited about Baker going forward.

I’m sure this defense is ticked off at the offense. They hold a potent Bengals offense to 13 points and the offense gives up 14.

It was obvious his play had improved, but highest grade in the league?

Cool.

Is Baker really this fast or is McMillian really that slow?
Either way, find a way to upgrade McDonald and add another stud the DB position and we'll be solid for a few years going forward.

Heck, even Harrison flashed a few times when he wasn't trying to gently hold Dalton's hand.

Baker has been a surprise to me this season, a pleasant one because I knew the speed was there but him getting the game speed down is what I'm excited about.

I'm hoping McMillan continues to build on this because if these two continue to develop we'll have a really good defense.

Is Baker really this fast or is McMillian really that slow?
Either way, find a way to upgrade McDonald and add another stud the DB position and we'll be solid for a few years going forward.

Heck, even Harrison flashed a few times when he wasn't trying to gently hold Dalton's hand.

Baker is just that fast.

I have faith in McMillan. But, we should be looking at long term trends upward, not game by game performance. He is a good run defender, and I think that will show over the course of the season, and improve as he gets more snaps. But, he isn't a good coverage LB, so teams that expose our LB's in coverage will make him look poor. The job of a LB these days is so varied that almost none of them can do it all, so we will just have to live with some exposure in coverage, and hope his coverage instincts improve as his play recognition grows.

Baker has been very hit and miss, but I'm happy to see him making fewer mistakes these days as well. With our defensive line looking good--Kocurek has Godchaux and Vincent really improving, and Quinn is as good as advertised--we look set there for the short term. Our secondary looks pretty good with Jones, Fitzpatrick, Howard and McCain. We are only 1 CB away from an exceptional secondary. If Tankersley could make the leap to becoming a good CB, we could shift McCain to the slot and Fitzgerald to FS, and have a dynamite back end.

what none of us knows is where this kid is at mentally after tearing his knee up. that could have had him playing a step slow to this point until he decided **** it vs the bengals and balled out.

Not a fan no matter what the grade says. Have to see much more of an impact for me to be sold on McMillan. I know he's a young player So prove me wrong.

He was vastly improved compared to prior weeks, but I take PFF grades with a grain of salt.

Even more impressive is Baker's play.
If he could add a few lean pounds, without sacrificing speed, he could be a stud LB.

10 pounds and he could be Deion Jones.....or, he could just move to safety after next year when we let McDonald go.

Back
Top Bottom