Raekwon's Rise: Mcmillan Is Healthy & Excited To Work With New Staff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon's Rise: Mcmillan Is Healthy & Excited To Work With New Staff

Agreed. I do think he indeed did get better as the year progressed. But yep, still does have his limitations.. his coverage was still lacking, but maybe better coaching makes it a hair better. Still think he could get better at the POA too tho also. His strengths coming out were supposed to be he was a thumper with good instincts - those need to get better too

Isn’t it amazing that no matter how disheveled a NE defense would look at the beginning of a year BB would have it all cleaned up by playoff time?

Every time, now matter who was hurt or what looked like ‘average’ players at alot of the spots. Amazing, Im not sure many teams can replicate that. Lets see what Flores can bring but that bar is real high to try and reach.

I'm not even talking about his coverage skills.

I'm speaking specifically about gap responsibility and being able to get off blocks.
Oh i know, i was just throwing that in there too.

I really do think some of his issues coverage wise came from the lack of coaching. Guys were out of position all the time

Honestly, it is a great year to see what these players have...McMillian, Baker, Gesicki, Harris...these young players will have a chance to show if they can be viable options going forward in a throwaway season. I'm not sure how much hope I have for some of them, but they should be given the chance.

I don't know guys. McMillan was BAD in coverage but in other play breakdowns I've seen, usually on another player, he looks fine at the point. The guy certainly doesn't run away from contact.

Intangibles are not an issue with this guy, so any flaws we've seen in his game thus far...if they have any shot of being improved, McMillan will improve them. He has a solid pedigree from Ohio State, was a 5 star recruit coming out....

I don't think anyone should be counting this kid out. I look for him to improve in 2019.

Oh i know, i was just throwing that in there too.

I really do think some of his issues coverage wise came from the lack of coaching. Guys were out of position all the time
The problem with him is the coaching staff routinely put him in man coverage and that is something he just isn't good with. He would be much more effective in a zone coverage, which is something I see the staff utilizing quite a bit.

Intangibles are not an issue with this guy, so any flaws we've seen in his game thus far...if they have any shot of being improved, McMillan will improve them. He has a solid pedigree from Ohio State, was a 5 star recruit coming out....

I don't think anyone should be counting this kid out. I look for him to improve in 2019.

Exactly. The problem on this forum is that too many people get a negative view of a player from the outset and they remain negatively biased toward that player.
Now its McMillan and Giesecki, but i remember the same negativity towards Vernon Carey, Samson Satele and Paul Soliai.
All were solid players, with Vernon Carey actually playing a few years at a pro bowl level. He never received recognition because the team was mediocre.
Some posters dislike a player simply because the FO drafted them ahead of a player who they wanted and who ended up having a better career (carey and wilfork for example)

Exactly. The problem on this forum is that too many people get a negative view of a player from the outset and they remain negatively biased toward that player.
Now its McMillan and Giesecki, but i remember the same negativity towards Vernon Carey, Samson Satele and Paul Soliai.
All were solid players, with Vernon Carey actually playing a few years at a pro bowl level. He never received recognition because the team was mediocre.
Some posters dislike a player simply because the FO drafted them ahead of a player who they wanted and who ended up having a better career (carey and wilfork for example)

That's your own bias speaking.

My opinion is based on what we seen last year. And he was routinely on skates the first 8 games of the season. Yes he may have marginally gotten better, but his improvement was lost as we seen the A gaps continually abused through out the WHOLE season.

I somewhat agree! The most DOOMED players on finheaven would be anybody we ever traded up for. Even if it's a few spots in the 5th or 6th round that guy better be a star or the site will be butt hurt about it for years and years.

Honestly, it is a great year to see what these players have...McMillian, Baker, Gesicki, Harris...these young players will have a chance to show if they can be viable options going forward in a throwaway season. I'm not sure how much hope I have for some of them, but they should be given the chance.
All those 1st,2nd 3 rd rd picks....needlesstosay, gross

Hopefully McMillan can actually run this season unlike last year when he looked slower than hell. He looked like he ran a 6 second 40 yard dash. Did not look explosive or physical at all.

Phillip Merling
Dion Jordan
Jamar Taylor
Dallas Thomas
Michael Egnew
Jonathan Martin
Daniel Thomas
Charles Harris
Cordrea Tankersly

Just to name of few

All early round picks that we needed be "patient" with in the last ten years.

I'm of the opinion you should have a pretty good idea of what you have by the end of the second season. That 2017 draft is looking like slop in the first 3 rounds. Maybe a new coaching staff turns it around, but McMillan looks like just another guy on the field i.e. Jelani Jenkins, Koa Misi, etc.

That's your own bias speaking.

My opinion is based on what we seen last year. And he was routinely on skates the first 8 games of the season. Yes he may have marginally gotten better, but his improvement was lost as we seen the A gaps continually abused through out the WHOLE season.
To be fair he played his best game vs cinn that was inside the first 8 weks

He looked so much better as the season went on. It was his first major injury and you could tell he didn't trust his body for a while ... playing it safe. Football players bounce back crazy quick now but it used to take a season or 2 before they got their legs back. I think we'll be seeing more of the college version of Kwon this year.

Back
Top Bottom