Raiders Sign Tommy Kelly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders Sign Tommy Kelly

See, the Dolphins keep saying they are fine at DT. So the raiders, who just signed Washington and Sapp in the offseason must not be fine at DT, because they just signed a DT. Man, if the raiders could only have a bunch of DT's like we have, they would be set. How can the FO say something, like we are happy with our DT's, and then a team like the raiders, with 2 highly priced guys goes out and signs players. ALA, look at how many recievers are on the roster for the raiders. They drafted a few, with having 4 starters back on their roster from last year.

You need depth to address the cap issues. if a player see you have depth they will not force overbid on market value...

The Raiders are going to a 3-4 this year. So they will likely not keep as many defensive tackles as a 4-3 team would. Also, Sapp will be playing DE. So is Parrella.

Frankly, and admitting my ignorance, I'm absoultely shocked he wasn't drafted. I simply assumed he was. I figured he would go round 4 at the latest. It seemed every time that I looked at an interview with an O lineman, they brought him up as one of their toughest opponents. How could so many teams have passed on this kid? Obviously the knock was that he was a bit raw and would need to gain a bit of weight to play DT at the next level, but!!!

Man, I wish we had picked him up. Reminds me of ...a John Randle type. Geez!

Back
Top Bottom